CHAPTER 46

Hii, how are you?
I hope you're well? If not, my dms are open!!!
Well, here's another! I hope you enjoy.

Quinofsmiles❤

Irene's POV

"Hattie? Wh...what are you doing here?" I stuttered looking at the pale girl in front of me, she had a few bruises on her fair face and little blood coming out of it.

"Irene?" She gaped for a while before pulling me into a hug. I hugged her back striking her hair gently as she cried into my neck. She must have been through a lot. Who knew what she had being through.

"Sh...Shh...Shhh, you're okay, you're okay" I whispered. Few minutes of sobbing and a warm embrace, she calmed down to look at me and the next thing she said was shocking.

"I'm sorry" was what she said. I kept my mouth agape and pulled.my eyebrows together but then I didn't dwell on it.

"It's not your fault that you're here okay?" I shook her last statement off my head and stared at her blankly.

"No, no you don't understand. It's my fault" she said twisting her mouth.

I tilted my head and continued staring at her, I was confused "what are you talking about?" I said softly rubbing my hands on her shoulders.

"I did a terrible, horrible thing" she cried.

"Hey, it's fine. You're okay" 

"No, no" she continued, her eyes closing shut as if she were pulling out the tears. She tried to speak but struggled.

"It's okay, you don't have to say anything, you just..." I was cut off by her outburst.

"...I was the one who told the queen about you and the prince's outing the other day" she spake.

"What...no you couldn't. Now, just come and rest" I tried to pull her up from the floor but she dragged me back down.

"I did, I was jealous of you, how close to the Prince you were getting" 

My hands fell from hers and my eyes welled up with shed tears.

"You what?" I said, my mouth agape "I trusted you Hattie"

"I know"

"You almost got me killed!"

"I know" her tone reduced. I was disappointed to even speak further. I stood up slowly and walked away from her, curling myself up in my small bed to cry. It hurt me to think someone I trusted could betray me like that.

******
Hours passed us in silence as she sat in a curled position, a far corner of the room. I stole a glance at her and I could see the guilt in her eyes clearly even if it was for a short while. I thought about the day she told me about the Prince, how pained she was to know that he took something very dear to her, how she loved him but unfortunately the favour was not returned. She was a good person, I didn't even realize I was hurting her by my affections for the Prince.

I heaved a sigh as a wind of guilt gushed past me.

"I'm sorry" I said. She looked at me, confusion written all over her face. Entwinging my hands, i stood up and slowly walked towards her. Stretching out my hand to help her up. Hesitantly, she placed her hands in mine and I pulled her up.

"I'm sorry, I should have known how much I was hurting you, you liked him and the minute I had a chance, I only caused you more pain by saying I and Hadrian's story, please forgive me" 

Suprised, she muttered "I...I...I don't know what to say" she breathed "I shouldn't have created jealously, I did bad things. Isolde made me to but no one forced me to do them. I am so  sorry" she sniffed and bent her head.

Not knowing what else to say, I pulled her into a tight hug causing her to giggle between sobs. The hug lasted for a while as we spun each other around and made tiny bits of laughter and filling the air with giggles once more, we finally pulled out from the hug.

"So are we fine?" She chortled.

"We are great!"I exclaimed and we went back to our fit of giggles.

"Thank you" She said and gave me a very warm smile. I returned the smile with a broader one.

"Thank you! Now, tell me, how did you get here. What happened?" I drifted the past situation behind us and pulled her to sit on my bed, curling up to a comfortable position.
She shook her head in a playful manner before speaking.

"Well, Hadrian and his men are on his way and..."

"'Hadrian is okay?" I blurted and covered my mouth immediately not to create strife again because of how I felt "I'm sorry" I apologize.

"For what? Falling in love. Don't be, I am happy for you now" she squeezed my hands and continued "Yes, he is fine, perfectly fine. He didn't want to waste any time the minute he heard you were in Arran" she told me. Her statement causing my cheeks to turn red and I played with my fingers away from her teasing gaze.

Hattie giggles before talking again "Well, after Isolde found out, she called for me and lady Natasha. I didn't know what I got myself into. She used witchcraft to get us to Arran in less than two days. Ever since then, I kept a close eye on them and found out she was teaming with Cedric and has been the one responsible for all the secret passages he found out in the kingdom" she paused to look out the window as if struggling to say her next words "remember when I told you I worked for Cedric?"

"Y...yes" I say trying to recall every detail.

"Well, that's not the entire truth, Cedric is my uncle" 

My eyes widened at her confession "What, how? You're royalty!" I realized.

"Easy Irene," She giggled.

"It's not funny. You are royalty Hattie!" I playfully slapped her leg.

"Can I finish my story" she rolled her eyes and when she knew what my answer was from my facial expression which showed complete shock, she continued "Cedric is my uncle but he never wanted any of his relatives to share his wealth with him. So my family basically lived as slaves in the palace. I saw him kill my father and tried to forge it. When he found out I knew, he banished I and my mother out of the city" she explained.

I shook my head, she certainly went through a lot.

"When we got here and he saw me, he ordered that I be beaten and thrown into the dungeon" she sniffed as I wiped a tear carefully for her cheek "I thought Isolde or Natasha would help me but they only stood there watching me and that's how I got here" she finished and heaved a sigh of relief.

"I am so sorry you went through all this," I rubbed her shoulder slowly "I promise, we will leave this place with the king" 

Hattie's eyebrows pulled together "why escape when Hadrian is on his way with an army?"

"Beacause, it will make his job more easier if we find him first in these woods. Of course Cedric knows he's coming beacause Isolde would have briefed him by now, so, he would set a trap for him and that will make matters worse" I explained and moved out of my curled up position to stand and look at the tight sealed dungeon.

"Wow, that was good" she smiled and moved beside me "So, how are we going to do this?" 

A/N

Hiiii

It's been a while.

Vote🌟

Comment💬

Share📲

Jesus loves you!!!

Bye for now!