Chapter 30.

30✨.

So sorry my loves, here's one, I hope you like it.

Irene's POV
I have never in my life perceived such a foul smell and it came from the horses while I gathered their dung"you guys disgust me, just like that self-centered Hadrian" a horse neighed as I talk to myself. It was painful to leave him but it had to be done. It was time I set standards for myself, my heart melted at the audacity of my thoughts" I mean the guy thought he could use me" another horse neighed "you get me, I do not understand why all these royalties parade themselves like gods. I mean anyone could be a god, even you guys, you deserve to be worshipped for carrying those egotistical majesties" I hissed abruptly.

"Not all royalties" a voice crept behind me and I jump off my feet disposing of my broom on the dung. That reminded me of how I felt right at that moment. Broom on horses dung.

"Lady Eleanor? Sorry about that___" I shutter fearing she didn't hear all I said but with how she introduced herself, I'm afraid so. "You didn't hear any of that right?" I inquire as curiously.

"What? That you think of us as egotistical royalties and self-centered? Nah, didn't hear a thing" she blurted and I quivered in fear of being punished.

"In my defense, I only called Hadrian self-centered" I protested. I am very stubborn at these things but I haven't seen or heard from Hadrian in a week and I feel...I shake my head to try to stop thinking about him.

"It's fine Irene, I just want us to talk" she confessed to her main purpose. I sigh and look around the stable with the expression that it wasn't a fine place to talk.

"We'll talk at my house" I smile sheepishly and I lead the way to my house, people choking me on the streets with their eyeballs, this is something I got used to coming back from the stables every day, some will murmur in their vaguest voices why I was not dead and others calling me a witch. This time their eyes were on Eleanor as we both walked the streets, some offered her a bite of meat from their shops, and the children put beads on her arm telling her she's their hero, the people loved her. 

I open the door to my house and let her in before closing it behind me.
"Your home is beautiful," she said setting her gaze on the decor of my home. I move to the kitchen which shared my living room, dining and bedroom. I wash my face with the water pouring from the tap to get the dirt from the stables washed off.

"Hadrian didn't like it when he first came here" I scoff a laugh remembering the first time Hadrian was at my house, I smiled at the thought but it was short-lived in my mind.

Eleanor just stood at the door smiling at me as I used a towel to wipe my face.

"What?" I showed an expression touching my face as if there was probably dung on it.

"Nothing, I just love the way you talk about him" she confessed.
I simply scoffed and gestured for her to take a seat in the dining" may I offer you anything, my lady?" I inquire respectfully.

"No, and stop with my lady" she chuckled bringing out her beautiful broad smile on a small curved face with slight makeup, she is a lady to be adored by all. "Irene I'm here to talk about Hadrian" she finally pointed out. I was waiting for it but patiently.

"Then I fear it's a wasted journey," I said submissively.

"Irene I get you are hurt but it wasn't Hadrian's fault" she persisted and I raised a brow looking shocked by her choice of words.

I walk closer to the dining and look her directly in the eye" all this, it's because of Hadrian. Ever since he stepped into my life, I lost everything. My father, my reputation..." I started crying as I recalled everything that happened to me since I saw Hadrian"...you heard the chats out there, they call me a witch and a sorceress, I almost lost my life, and look, I am losing my sanity" my eyes swelling and I could feel the hotness burning in my heart crawling up my puffy cheeks.