Chapter Nineteen

19.

   Hadrian's POV
I paced back and forth in the throne room patiently waiting for my father. Irene had been thrown into the dungeons and I had no idea what my father planned to do to her. My head throbbed badly, the way Irene made me feel in the waters today was the best thing I have experienced in a while, she was so beautiful from the way we stole guilty peeks at each other to the way her hands trickled in my hair, I couldn't bare to think of what my father would have in mind against her.

My thoughts were interrupted when the door flung open and my father, Isolde, and Natasha trailing behind him. 

"Father look I_" before I could finish my statement I met with an excellent slap across my face. 

"How dare you, Hadrian?!" He began. I ignored him and continued.

"You can slap me all you want, all I ask is that you release the girl, she has no fault in this" I pleaded

"You are a prince, a crown prince Hadrian and you stooped so low to be caught making out with a commoner, what if I wasn't the one to have seen you? what if it was some other commoner? what would you have done, what were you thinking Hadrian?!" He snapped, I could see the anger in his eyes, he had not been feeling well lately, and yelling would not help, I heaved a sigh, Irene was innocent, after all, I was the one who kissed her. I caused this.

"I am fine father, you can punish me but let the girl go" I beg.

"I will do no such thing, you have a betrothed Hadrian," he said calmly pointing to Natasha who was now sobbing silently, it pained me to see her cry, she was like a sister to me "a betrothed who loves you and you tell me you love a slave".

Did I ever say that? Am I in love with Irene? No? But she made me feel strange things, I had never cared for anyone like I now did Irene.

"Your majesty, if I may?" Isolde speaks up walking towards where I stood with my father.

"Please" my father gave way for her, the way he submitted to her disgustes me, Isolde did not love him and he couldn't see that.

"I believe that the girl uses witchcraft" she began.

What?

"What!, witchcraft? come on, that girl's nails are cramped, she scrubs the floor, she cleans the kitchens, father you don't believe this" I defend, I sincerely dis not think it was witchcraft.

"I mean think about it, the Hadrian you know would never be seen with a commoner to talk more of a servant.  That can not be real " Isolde continues.

"Father?!"

He walked up to his throne and sat down, rubbing his temples"take some guards, search in and out of his room, see if you would find anything that might mean witchcraft, I put you in charge my queen" he ordered and she gives a slight courtesy.

"Father, this is absurd," I say"I am not under a love spell" I protest.

"Soon my son, these words are not yours, soon you'll be free from the girl's evil-doing" he concludes and storms out, as Isolde and Natasha followed leaving me to my thoughts. 

Was it truly witchcraft she uses because I have never in my life felt like this towards someone, she was special. 

*************
2 hours later, my whole room was turned upside down, the guards took out my clothes and everything, and I stood by the door giving them space to do their work as Isolde instructs. I sent Leo not too long ago to check on Irene as I waited patiently for his return.

A body frame creeps behind me "your majesty" I turn to see Leo.

"Leo" I began "how is she?" I asked curiously.