Chapter twenty-one❤.

21❤ dedicated to KrystalGroucutt20 I love you❤

Irene's POV
Tears couldn't hold themselves anymore, my eyes were filled and my heart was heavy. All my life, I have only been betrayed, first, it was my brother and now it was Hadrian. I feel so stupid for ever letting myself fall for his useless appearances. He never had my best interest at heart, at least soon I will join my father and mother.

"Irene" my thoughts are interrupted by the sound of keys at my cell door. I turn my head to see Leo opening up my cell.

"What are you doing?" I wipe the little tear which trickled on my cheeks.

"What does it look like, come on " he motioned his hands at me as he did the final touching on the door.

Without hesitation, I dashed out the doors and let Leo lead the way. Could this be Hadrian sending Leo to release me??

*****
Hadrian's POV

Darius checks on my half-conscious father while we all stand looking at him. What could have made my Dad faint and why was Eleanor acting restless?

Maybe she knows something?

"He'll be fine, he just needs rest," Darius says, my concern rising.

"Are you sure he's fine?" Natasha asks.

"He is just tired but I think rest will do the job" Darius assures.

"What caused him to faint?" I ask the question.

"No idea majesty, " Darius tells me but I was not convinced. I walk up to the bed my father lay in and sit close to him on the bed.

"Son" he calls out in the haziest voice ever.

"I'm here father" I rub his foot.

"This might be my last days and I want you to do something" he began.

I heaved a sigh "These are not your last days father and I'll do anything to see you on your feet again".

"Promise me you'll do what I ask" he holds my hands.

"I promise" I had no idea what he wanted to ask but I just have to submit, I mean how bad can it be?

"Natasha come" he motioned his hands towards her.

Natasha strides towards us quietly as she sits just at the other end of the bed.

"Give me your hand" he took her hands in his own.

"Hadrian promise me you will marry her in two days," my father says almost immediately. I was amazed by his word.

"....father" I trail"...don't you think it's rather too early" I point out.

"Please Hadrian, she loves you and I feel that you have hurt her enough," he says.

"Your majesty.." Natasha trails as she stole a glance at me" I do not want to rush him but if it's your will then who am I?" she courtesies slightly.

"Bless you, my child, you promised Hadrian" My father turns to me. I sighed rubbing my temple thinking about everything, I cannot possibly marry her, I do not even love her, I love.....  I immediately clear my thoughts and face my father.

"I promised father, I will not go against my words" I assured him.

"If you'll excuse me" I get up to leave and only Fred stood by the door. "Where's Eleanor?" I whispered.

"I have no idea, she left immediately you said I promise," Fred tells me.

"Is she okay? She has been acting strange lately".