Chapter 23

23❤.

Irene's POV

My head screamed for me to stay down but my body won't permit me. I shrug my eyes as they opened slowly.

"Liam" was my first word seeing a figure kneeling just to my level on the ground. I immediately wake up and move back recklessly.

"Careful beautiful," the man said coming close and trying to touch me. I was still wearing my father's pants and my woolen coat since I haven't had any time to take my bath ever since that day.

"Who are you and where am I?" I hissed holding my head.

What hit me?

"Don't you remember? your brother helped us find you" The man said.

My brother?, now I recall. I met Liam last night and...

"What did he do?" I face the man now crying sheepishly.

"Well..." He stood up and paced the room I was in, the room was empty, there was the bathroom by the right and then a bed in the center and just a small window.

The man wore a robe and a belt buckle where he slid in his sword, he had jet black hair and a pointy nose, and many piercings on his face though he still looked okay.

"My men saw you and Prince Hadrian in the woods some days back making out" he stroked his chin and gave me a wicked smile" and fortunately your brother was with them and he couldn't help it but mutter his sister name and now you're here" he finishes.

"Who are you?" I ask.

"I'm glad you asked, you see I am king Cedric" he introduces and my eyes darted.

Cedric!!!

"What_what do you want from me?" I shutter.

He laughs "I don't want you, I want Hadrian. Your brother embarks on a journey as we speak to tell the prince that I have you and if I don't see Hadrian in two days, well...." He trailed and bent to my level again just inches away from my face he said"...ill kill you".

I shiver and whimper as he laughs wickedly.

"Take your bath and change into those clothes" he points toward some clothes on the bed"ill see you later my lady" he teases and laughs until he's out of sight.

So Liam sold me out just to get free??¿ 

***********
Hadrian's POV
The whole palace was busy and Natasha spent the whole night up until this morning checking out outfits she is going to put on for the wedding. I sat on my bed ponding the thoughts that I just lost Irene.

Knock!!

"Come in," I say and the door creaks open with Orla walking in.

"Orla".

"Hadrian" she is the only one who calls me by my name, I have seen her as a mother ever since I lost mine.

"Please come sit" I tap a space on the bed and she sits slowly.

"How are you?" She takes my hair to the back of my ear.

"I'm fine, what about you?" I inquire trying to hide my disappointed face.

"You are not fine Hadrian" she chuckled "it's Irene, isn't it?".

I didn't want to argue further with her, I just nod my head and she gave me a bright smile.

"I know I hurt her but now she's gone and I have no idea what to do next" I simply say. 

Orla smiles"this is not the last you will see of Irene, trust me you will meet her again..." she trails"soon enough" she added.

"Why do you speak like Darius sometimes?" I raise a question.

She just chuckles"that's because you have much to learn my child" she rubs my shoulder and gets up to leave.

"If I do see her again..." I trial stopping Orla in her pace"...what do you think I should say?" I put in.

"When that time comes, you will know" she smiles and walks out of my room slowly.

I can not begin to ponder what she just said, I walk out of my room and strode to Frederick's door. I gave it three knocks and a certain voice faintly did come in.

I open the door slowly and walk in to see Eleanor sitting on the bed juggling knives and Frederick brushing his hair and looking in a mirror, they are acting like strangers now.

"Come on guys, are you still on this" I began.

"I'm not on anything," Eleanor says almost immediately.

I nod "Fred how did my Father take the news of the escape?" I ask.

"He was a little angry but what can be done," Fred tells me and I heaved a sigh.

Someone knocks again on the door and I hurriedly replied"come in".

The door opens and Leo strides in.

"Leo?".

" Your majesty, I have been looking for you everywhere," he began"Did you meet Irene?" he asks, and Eleanor stops juggling to face us more.

"I did but she didn't say where she was going" I answer.

"She wouldn't tell you," Eleanor says.

"I know that now sister" I raise a brow to her and she gives a sarcastic smile.

"Well..." Leo trails but is cut off by knocks on the door...again.

"Okay, how many people! come in" Fred snaps.

The door is flung open and Louise walks in confidently.

"Louise, what's the problem?" I ask him.

"Someone wishes to see your majesty" he bows.

"Well bring him to the throne room, I will join him shortly," I say.

"No majesty, he pleads to see you privately, he says it's a matter of life and death ". 

"Strange" Fred says.

I think for a while before answering" okay, bring him here".

Louise bows and leaves to bring the visitor.
                            *****
A few minutes later the door flings open and Louise and the visitor walk-in.

"Here he is sire"Louise bows and I nod telling him to excuse us.

" Your majesty"the person bows.

"Liam," Leo says from behind me.

"Leo?" The person who I guess is 'Liam' says.

They both wrap themselves in a hug and we all stand puzzled.

"Where have you been?" Leo asks and I clear my throat.

"Pardon me, Liam please meet, the lady Eleanor, a warrior princess of Arran.." He points towards Eleanor as she gives him a bright smile" the lord Frederick of Meador... "he points towards Fred and she gives a slight smile"...and that is the crown prince Hadrian of Deira" he concludes and Liam gives a bow.

"My Lord" he bows further.

"Please get up, " I say.

"And everyone, this is Liam Gracia of Deira, meet Irene's younger brother" he finishes.

I darted my eyes and stood in awe.

"You are her brother?" I ask.

"Yes your majesty, and that is why I'm here," he tells me.

"Well, you must know she isn't in the kingdom," I say.

"I know I need your help, Irene is in grave danger," he says looking directly at all of us.

                         *******
Thank you for reading🥺❤.

What do you think Liam wants and do you think it's good?

Comment🥺🙏.

Vote(pwiss)🥺❤.

Share❤.

~Quinofsmiles.