Chapter 25

25💃.

Third person's POV

".....What!!!" the sound of Natasha's screams echoed through the halls after Louise informed her and Isolde that Hadrian left.

"How could you let him leave, our wedding was supposed to be tomorrow!" She yelled.

"I am sorry your highness, I am just his subject. It is a matter of life and death" Louise stood his ground.

"I am talking about my marriage, you fool!" Natasha snapped and slapped him across his face.

She was about to hit him on his other cheek but Isolde quickly held her arm and pulled her back.

"Easy my child.." She said stroking her hair"...you leave now" she ordered Louise as he took a bow and left.

"You should have let me descend on him" Natasha protested.

"You are not angry at him. Hadrian is the one who made you this way" Isolde points out.

Natasha sobs" but why would he leave me?" she cried.

"It doesn't matter, he has made a perfect chance for me to carry on with my plan" Isolde smiles wickedly.

Natasha furrowed her brows" what plan?" she asked.

"The one where the king dies," she says simply.

"Wait now?" Natasha inquired.

"Of course, how else will I take over the throne if he still seats on it"Isolde gives a nasty smile and leaves the room.

******
In the woods...

The night sky set aglow with shiny stars as dusk hit them fast and they made camp. Leo prepared food and they all ate. Eleanor and Frederick acted like strangers all through but Hadrian laughed through it.

Liam stood about 10 feet away from camp thinking of how it will be when he explains to his sister what happened.

His thoughts are interrupted by Leo's footsteps.

"Hey" he began" why don't you join us by the fire," Leo asked.

"Nah, it's fine. I don't feel like" Liam confesses.

"Irene, isn't it?".

Liam smiled " do you think she'll forgive me?" he asked.

"What happened Liam? she passed through so much," Leo says.

Liam takes a huge sigh" when I first left to look for a job, I got caught by bandits who happened to be Cedric's men, they took me with some other travelers to his kingdom. We were made slaves there and there wasn't the slightest chance to escape, maybe except the last time Cedric and Diera were at war two years ago. I wanted more than anything to see Irene but I might endanger her life..." he sobs"...then just a few weeks ago, I heard my father was dead and gone and now this. I hope she forgives me" he burst into tears.

"Liam, it's okay man" Leo takes him in and hugs him tightly.

All he could do was pray to the gods and hope Irene will forgive him.

********
In the palace.....
Isolde stood by the door of Triton chambers as she stared at him vigorously with the most intent of strangling him with her bare hands.

He lay on the bed as he noticed her presence.
"My Queen" he coughed.

"My liege" she smiled and walked towards the bed, sitting next to him.

"Where is Hadrian?" He hoisted.

Isolde hesitated before she answered"well. I am sorry your majesty but Hadrian left" she says.

"To where?" He shifts to sit uprightly.

Isolde scratches the back of her head" he left the palace, he said I should tell you that he doesn't need whatever you have to offer"she lied.

"What!" Triton coughed.

"Easy my lord" she got up to rub his back.

"Why would he say that?" He inquired.

"I have no idea, I tried to stop him" she lied again.

Triton started crying and coughing at the same time. Isolde rushed to the table where a cup of water was kept, she brought out a small bottle from the valley of her breasts as she opens it, and pours a bit of it into the water.

She quickly ran to him and bent him backward to feed him rubbing his back at the same time.

"Thank you," he said still coughing.

"Please rest my lord. Soon, I'll handle things" she assures him and gives him a notorious smile, and tugs him into the bed.

******
Hey loves❤.

What do you think Isolde would do next???

Comment😔🙏.

Vote 😔❤.

Share💫.

~Quinofsmiles❤.