Chapter six

Irene's POV

It was Friday, a very sunny one. I shrug my face from the vibrant sun beat as covering my face with my scarf due to the outstanding slap I got from the prince yesterday. I didn't want to bother myself anymore about it but I pray to the gods that I never see him again which I know cannot be possible.

"Hey, chipmunk" Hattie's voice rings through the halls and finally ended up banging in my eardrums, wow is she loud. I turn to face her.

"Hey, you" I smile and give her a warm hug. She looks so beautiful as she let her hair down in a low bun and exposing her curved face.

"How are you feeling?" she asks as we walk together through the halls.

"Sleepy....."I sigh as we both smile-laugh"......my father couldn't stop asking what happened to my face"I confess recalling our conversation last night.

"Who did this to you flower?" my father asks immediately I take off my scarf.

"Nothing father, it was just a scratch"I lie.

"That......that on your face does not look like a scratch young lady" he puts his hands on his waist which made me laugh out hard, he never says young lady or tries to scold me and now he's trying to make me laugh.

"You think this is funny" he frowns but I simply smile as I walk up to him and cupped his face.

"I...I have already told you, Father, it was just a scratch, now please could you go to bed." I try to play along while laughing at my funny yet harsh tone.

"You do not dictate to me young lady" he tries to yell as I cover my mouth with my hands trying to push my laughter back in. I walk away from him and towards my bed.

"Whatever father, I'm going to sleep"I fake a frown and shrug putting the bed throw over me and back my father who still seems to pretend angry. I let out a giggle.

"Go to sleep, it's not like I care." Now this made me laugh so hard but silently.

Hattie and I burst into laughter as I finished telling her the last part of my night.

"You're evil" she laughs.

"Ouch," I pout.

"Hey, Uhm..... Irene right?"Isla approaches us.

"Yeah, hey Isla, "I say still in a laughing tone.

"The lady Natasha demands your presence in the Prince's chambers." She simply announces and leaves.

"Oh my, I'm already late" I shrug out of I and Hattie's closeness as I wave her goodbye and move my legs as fast as I could. Why the prince's chambers?

KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK

Three knocks on the door as a voice yells come in. I heave a sigh, straightening my dress and open the door fearfully, closing It with shaky hands, I can't get why I was such a nervous wreck. I braced myself.

"Your majesty?"I bow before the lady sitting on the king-size bed folding her long brown hair into braids. I noticed no sign of the prince and I took a deep sigh.

"Why are you late?" she frowns on seeing me.

"I'm so sorry your highness" I courtesy.

"I cannot deal with such incompetence, late again." She states, I shook and lowered my head to a bow, making sure my scarf covered my face on both sides. 

"What's going on?" a voice asks from behind the changing wall, I narrowed my eyes to see the Prince Hadrian walking out the changing wall. I shut my us and lowered my head back on seeing he was wearing no shirt.

******

Hadrian POV

I look around my room as I realize my question hasn't been answered. Natasha sat on the bed giving a maid just by the door a deep stare. I couldn't see her face because of the scarf on her head covering part of her face as she looked down.

"It's her, my Lord she is always late" Natasha reports glaring at her. I furrow my eyebrows.

"Hmmm" I simply reply and walk towards the maid, I could hear her heart beating faster with every step that I took and Natasha's heart racing at the same time. I draw my hand up to her chin and raise it to see her face. It was the maid who I met in my room on my arrival yesterday and the same one who met with a slap from me last night. Her eyes caught my attention first, she had these beautiful brown eyes that I have never seen in a long time, I swept her body with my eyes, she was wearing a long blue woolen gown but I could still see her sculpted figure which was swine thin, she had a burnished complexion, arched eyebrows looked down sheepishly sweeping her velvety eyelashes, her ears framed a pointed nose which complimented her long vulcanite black hair. I huffed. 

I gave a slight frown trying to puzzle out the eyes, this always works for me when I try to read my prey's mind through the eyes but these particular big brown eyes I found in this girl. It looked so confusing yet beautiful.

"What is your name?"I asked letting go of her chin and curved my hands behind my back.

She seemed to hesitate before replying "Irene my Lord." She gave a bow and hid her face again.

I raised her head back up and turned it to the side I slapped her yesterday, there was a little bruise on it and she still looked beautiful, I took a glance back at those eyes and it seemed like it was filling with tears. I brush my thumb on her cheek gently making the bruise go away completely. It was a gift I cannot really place where I got it from. I could make slight chts or bruises go away.

"Irene, yesterday you did something wrong..."I let go of her chin and strode to my bed to sit.

"My sincerest apologies my lord, it was my first time, I didn't mean to spoil your dressing, "she said in a sweet and innocent voice as she apologized. I shook my head and took my robe to put it on.

"Hmmm, but you know everything in this palace doesn't go unpunished" I announce turning to face her once more. It has always been a tradition, no offense made to the Royal family goes unpunished, I am just abiding by it and trying to figure out which punishment to label the strange girl in front of me.

"I will accept my punishment wholeheartedly, Sire." she said this with such confidence which made me smile unoticeably.

Natasha adjusted close to me and puts her hand on my shoulders.

"I say we make her do all the chores of every maid for a month"Natasha suggested. Irene's face darted so sheepishly toward Natasha and I laugh under my breath.

"No....no something more suitable...." I said"....how bout this, you will take the job of manservant Leo for a whole week" I concluded as she looked at me with her mouth open but realized soon enough and heaved a sigh letting her shoulders drop.

"I'll be....... honored, your highness." She bows.

I look at the eyes again trying to read her mind but it seems like there's something much stronger preventing me from doing that, the question ringed in my head the whole time,' who is this girl and why does her presence feel so familiar yet strange. I shook my head off the thought. She is just a servant.

*****
Irene's POV

Lady Natasha fits into the last glove for her hunting dress, she is going out with the queen for playful hunting. The prince left a while ago abandoning me in my wild thoughts. I remember the way he towered over me as he raised my chin making our eyes meet, I have been avoiding those eyes. He can't possibly know her. I tell myself. The woman in my dreams, I have had the same dreams ever since I was five. , she appears in a white garment and all she keeps telling me is "help! help, help!"  She has the same eyes as Hadrian but it cannot be possible that he knows her. I thought to myself then shook my head.

I also recall the way he brushed his hands on my cheek and then his touch was hot but the feeling that sent shivers down my spine was so warm. I felt embarrassed being in his presence and disgusted at the same time. And his golden black hair that soared down his shoulders, he also has that the devil may care' outlook. An earthly scent swirled around him. I shrugged again. He is an arrogant man and I shouldn't be thinking about this. I pondered on the thought of working as his new personal servant.

🤍🤍