Chapter 31

31❣.
Third Person's POV

"I am sorry, your majesty. The king is dead" Darius explains looking down at the lifeless body of Triton.

"Don't be, it's not your fault" Hadrian says, tears tumbling down his cheeks. He sighed and walked out of the chambers angrily, his whole body was now on fire, he could feel the heat. The harsh words that came from his father were more than unbearable. He regretted his actions but he hated himself more than he did his father. He strides through the hallways followed by Eleanor and Frederick.

The door to his chambers flung open, it almost hit Eleanor's head as she was walking in. He fumed with anger and that was his worst moment.

"Hadrian..." Eleanor muttered as she moved closer and swallowed the lump in her throat, she knew Hadrian so well that she shuddered as she approached him"... I understand that you are hurt but I need you to breathe now" she jerked.

"Leave Eleanor, I don't want to hurt you" He confessed.

"Please Hadrian, you need to calm down, your father just died" she mentioned taking a deep sigh as tears swiveled down her red cheeks, she turned to look at Fred who stood there resting on the table, rubbing his eyes already.

"Get out...of my room!" Hadrian snapped this time throwing a jug at her but she bent and it went to the door"get out!" he screeched.

Eleanor held her belly with one hand and covered her mouth with the other as tears flowed massively.

"Hey come on, let's go" Fred held her shoulders and they both left the room.

Hadrian screamed and went down to the floor crying his eyes out, and in his entire life, he has never cried like how he did at that moment. It was like he plummeted and it tore him apart.

******

"Okay, what's with the silence" Isolde began as she paced her chambers looking at Natasha and Hattie who just sat in a grimace.

"The king is dead Isolde, your husband" Natasha prompted. Hattie stood immediately knowing this was going to be an argument.

"Yes and I killed him, isn't that what we wanted" she went on with the argument.

"What you wanted you mean, it's been five hours, and Hadrian is still locked up in his room, what if he doesn't recover?" Natasha inquired.

"Then we move on" Isolde sighed and sat down"Natasha, how many times do I have to say that in times like this, we need to be strong. We are almost close to our main objective, but we can't lose focus".

Natasha grinned and scoffed "my problem is you keep on saying ‘we' when there is only you" she got up and walked out of the room.

"Hattie"  Isolde called and Hattie bowed in response. "The Council does not want the word that the king is dead to reach the people..." She smiled and walked closer to Hattie "... I need you to make sure the word reaches the people before tomorrow morning" she orders her making it clear that there would be no debate.

"I need to trust that you can do that, can you do that?" Isolde inquires of Hattie.

"Yes, I can your majesty" Hattie confirms and takes a bow before leaving the room.

********
Irene's POV
The morning cock crow was loud today and the rays of the bright sun reflected through our curtains, Liam left the house a while ago, it looked as if something came up real fast. I sigh at the thoughts of how exhausting the day would be, I have to do laundry as a favor for some people, and then continue my work at the horses' shed.

I walk out of my home and smile at the songs of the morning bird, I pick up the basket of clothes by the side of the door and walk away from my doorstep. I walk further slowly because the clothes were so heavy.

The people didn't seem to be calm, I saw most of them moving toward the palace like something just happened. The weird thing was they moved with tension and worry. Out of my curiosity, I place my basket on a table nearby and move with the unstable crowd of fearful people.

I struggled to get through them but I finally did and got through the crowd then met Louise with some other guards holding the people off.

"Louise! Louise! What's going on?" I ask yell.

"Irene?" He called out"You need to leave now!" He tells me.

"Why? What happened?"

"The king is dead and I have no idea how the word got out, if you want to get in, go through the lower gates,".

My stamina shook and pity gripped me, I cannot begin to imagine how Hadrian would be right now. I nod at Louise and immediately took off through the crowd and made my way to the lower gates.

I pushed the gates forcefully surprised by the strength it took me to do that and made my way to Leo's workshop. I ran as fast as my legs could take me, thanking the gods I did not wear a gown today but woolen pants with a fitted shirt, and finished it off with a brown coat over my shoulders and a pair of cotton boots. I fling the door open, panting as I met Leo.

"Irene?" He says "what are you doing here?" He asks with anger written on his face. I don't blame him if he is angry at me, Hadrian must feel awful and I left him.

"Not like you were together," my subconscious told me and I shut her out.

"Look, Leo, I know how you feel but please tell me Hadrian is okay" I whimper.

"Why do you care?" He shutters.

"Please Leo" I plead.

He glares at me for a while "Hadrian's nowhere to be found".

....

********
Heyy🥺.

I'm sorry for the late update but here's one🤗.

Where do you think Hadrian could be? 

Vote✨.
Comment🥰.

Share✨.

I'll see you in the next chapter❤i❤. Take care and God loves you🥺🤗.