Chapter 43

Hey you!, how are you?
I hope you are okay?, if you are not, I want you to know that God loves you Very much! Everything is going to be alright, just walk with Him and trust Him.
I hope you enjoy this chapter, Mwah!

Irene's POV
The morning came fast and I was grateful. I shrugged in my sleep as a light touch brushed my cheeks, my eyes stuttered open, I looked up to find a pair of sea rover blue eyes beaming at me. He smiled at me caressing my cheeks softly, I rested my face in his palms and beamed at him. I couldn't still believed he confessed he loved me. I was sure then that this God William talked about was real, it could be only Him, I could feel it.

"Good morning, my love" he grinned.

"Morning, prince" I returned his smile. Footsteps approached us slowly but our gazes never let go of each other. I still couldn't believe it.

"Well, well, indeed the Prince is in love" the sound of Cedric's voice caused Hadrian to roll his eyes and looked up, never letting go as his hands were wrapped around my shoulders.

"Do you have a problem with that, Cedric?" Hadrian asked. Cedric faked a smile and motioned his hands for a few guards to come to him, they stepped by his side immediately.

"Tie them up" he ordered before walking away. Hadrian looked back at me and smiled before letting go. The men tied us up to the carriage and we were moving again.

"Hey, when we begin to run, please stay close to me" Hadrian said turning to meet my gaze. I was scared of what could happen to us next. I broke out a sly smile "Are you okay?" He asked noticing the worried look on my face.

I shook my head "I am only worried, I do not want anyone to get hurt" I confessed.

"I won't let that happen, I promise" he chortled before we got dragged again. His words calmed me and we continued moving. Minutes became hours, I glanced over to Hadrian who looked pale as he struggled with the ropes, cutting them gently to set himself free. I watched him carefully and when he was done, he looked back at me and winked. Getting the sign, I stepped beside him as he slid the knife in my hands. I was determined to be as fast as possible as time was not on our side, squeezing my hands around the handle of the knife, I drew it back and forth until I was free. The plan was to set ourselves free and William would cause a distraction. It was discussed after I and Hadrian's moment.

I nodded at Hadrian as a sign, he gave a light smile and fell abruptly to the ground.

"Hadrian" I gasped "we need help" I cried then I met his amused gaze on the ground. I smiled then footsteps approached us slowly.

"What is it?" The guard asked

"We need help, please" I faked a cry again. I felt sorry for the guard. He lowered and pulled Hadrian up forcefully, his eyes widening on seeing Hadrian loose ropes.

"Oops" he punched the guard on his stomach and pulled me gently, William gave a loud roar which turned the men gazes away from us and we began to run.

We went into the dark, talk trees of the forest as loud screams still trailed behind us, Hadrian held on to my hands firmly, pulling me in his direction as he led the way. We didn't stop running for a second. Later on, it became quiet. Hadrian stopped slowly in his tracks.

"What's wrong?" I asked anxiously holding on to his arm.

"It's too quiet" he frowned looking deep into the forest. He pulled his hands out of mine slowly, placing his finger on his lips indicating that I should be quiet. I obeyed immediately as he stepped away from me and closer to a tree, my heart raced every time he drew closer to the tree. I shut my eyes firmly on seeing his hand moving to pull the person behind the tree.