Chapter Twelve

Beauty is nothing if your personality is quack💦inspired byRnoomaQueen

Hadrian's POV

I immediately without wasting any further time, lay suffocating Irene on the bed in Leo's workshop. Darius rushes to her as he dragged a stool to her level. Irene breathed sweating profusely, how did she know there was poison in my drink. I thought to myself.

"Hattie get me some warm water, I must cool her down," Darius says.

"Okay," Hattie says dashing out of the room.

"Will she be okay?" I ask curiously.

Darius sighs" I do not know yet, I'll have to identify the type of poison, pass me the cup, Leo".

Leo immediately hands him the cup. Darius puts on his glasses and also uses a magnifying glass because of his eye deformity.

He shrugs and blinks a couple of times, he brought out a petal from the mouth of the cup.

"What is that?" Eleanor asks.

"That is an ander" Leo says as he came closer to look at it.

"What's an ander?" I ask.

Darius shakes his head"an ander is one of the deadliest flowers to have ever grown in the history of the seven kingdoms"Darius explains"it can only work when it has been enchanted, it was used in the days, the most powerful witches used it to inflict pain on whosoever wronged them"he states.

"Is there a cure?" I ask.

Silence crept in as Darius and Leo stole glances at each other.

"Answer me" I almost snap.

Darius clears his throat"there is one cure and it can only be found in the caves of....." he trails"....in the caves of medor".

"What!" Frederick exclaims"that place is forbidden"he says as I look over to him. 

Medor is a cave that existed for more than a million years, every child born heard of the story, no one ever goes to the caves of medor and returns alive, it was rumored to contain evil.

"It is the only place that the ander flower grows, and this ailment can only be cured by another petal from the flower since this one is already enchanted" Leo explains.

Silence and tension crept in as Hattie walked in with a bowl of water.

"Here Darius" she hands him the bowl.

"Thank you, my child," he says.

"I'll go" I immediately say turning to walk towards the door as I am obstructed by Eleanor.

"No no no no, you can't do this " she shutters.

"Darius, what happens if she doesn't get the antidote?" I ask.

He paused a little bit" she will be dead in four days" he points out.

I face Eleanor and kiss her forehead" she saved my life, I have to do something".

"Please be safe" Eleanor sobs.

"I will" I rub her shoulders and exit the room.

********

"You are not going anywhere!" my father yells dashing out of the throne room with Natasha and Isolde trailing behind us.

"That girl saved my life" I snapped.

"And she ruined the celebration" he stops.

"Is that what matters to you?".

" You are my son, the heir to my throne! And you think I will let you go out of my palace to the cave of medor" he laughs a bit" never!".