Chapter sixteen 🌹

~Hugs may be silent but they are very powerful 🥀📌.

     Hadrian's POV
I accomplished my mission and brought Irene back home, I had no idea what they did to her father but it was morning now and I was woken up by Leo constantly shaking me.

"Get up Hadrian, come look," he says dragging me out of bed still in my night wares, through the hallways, and finally outside in the compound.

I rub my eyes steadily shrugging from the sun beat. It was Irene, she knelt not far away from me, holding the lifeless body of her father. A flood of tears gushed down her big brown eyes.

"No!, father please don't do this to me" she cried. Seeing her cry made me frown, she looked so pitiful and I felt like I could strangle anyone who would make her cry again.

"Take him away" my father who stood next to Irene and her dead father ordered.

"No! please! please your majesty, please, Father!" She begs and begs still kneeling. I almost began to cry. 

My father ignores her and walks toward me going up the stairs. He has always been the type of man that never listens. I shake my head at him and walk out, I could hear Irene's screams. I open the door to my room and just sit on the bed burying my face in my hands, later on, Leo walks in but I ignore him.

"Hadrian" he calls out but I still ignore him.

So many things were in my head, I wanted to just console and have Irene in my hands but I felt like it was my fault and she might hate me even more for it. Yes, that's right, I have this weird feeling she hated me and there was nothing I could do about it. I groan ed at my existing state. The door creaks open and my father walks in.

"Leave us," he says immediately he walked in fully, Leo took a now and left my room, shouting the door behind him.

"Hadrian, you cannot possibly be angry at me. That man disobeyed the law and tried to cover it up by fleeing!" He began. I frown standing up quietly.

"That man you killed made you and your knight's armor, swords, and all weapons in this palace; you didn't pay him a dime and yet you collected taxes from him" I snapped. Dion was one of the kingdom's best, he served his people well and never complained "He served his people"

"Hadrian" He stood still for a while, I scoff and walk past him shoving him on his shirt.

"You do not walk out on me boy!..." he says but I kept walking. "Where is that young boy who I taught to be ruthless, who I thought to stand his ground, to use his head not his heart, to make sure his subjects cower at his feet, where is my son, Hadrian Wales".

I thought about the man my father was training me to be, he was the whole reason I killed without pity, I couldn't look at the face of my subjects and pity them but it was now I realized that all he did, was to make me become like him.

I turned to him this time letting the anguish in me take over my speech" you didn't create this man standing before you, all you did was to try and make me be like you, you treated me like a soldier at the age of four, you looked past the fact that I was blind. You made a blind helpless boy train with soldiers, the marks and scars on my body I have today are because of you, you never let me have friends, you never let me be in love, I had to ease myself with my mistresses and then you bring Isolde into this house, you bring Natasha. For one day father you never let me have a say for myself!".

His brows pulled together at me but before I could add to my earlier raving, he landed an impressive slap across my face.

"Your mother would be ashamed of you," he says.