Chapter seventeen

17

Irene's POV

I was feeling good these days with no reason why, I mean I lost my father but I thank the gods that Hadrian helped me see that there is more to life. It has been a whole week now and I was on leave throughout thanks to Hadrian. Today I was resuming and I can not explain the anticipating feeling that overwhelmed me, Hadrian made me feel nothing I have ever felt before. Our second kiss made me realize that I wanted to know more about Hadrian.

    'He's a prince and you're just a slave"my subconscious reminds me of the night Natasha came to my home to threaten me.  It was just three days ago.

My door creaks open slowly and to my biggest surprise, Natasha walked through my door.

"My lady," I say bowing showing courtesy.
She eyes me ignoring my greeting as she closed the door and walks to stand just behind me.

"You are a stubborn child Irene" she laughs "even after I made sure your father died". With this, I frowned and looked directly at her.

"You were the one who framed him?" I snapped.

"I did tell you that I will make your life a living nightmare if you don't stay away from Hadrian," she said "Besides I didn't frame him, he was already in the line of work with Isolde".

Tears rolled down my cheeks and I was crying again.

Natasha laughs"you are nothing but a slave Irene, Hadrian is a crown prince, heir to the throne, and you are just a nothing" she smiled darkly as she moved inches toward me"Stay away from Hadrian" She whispered as our eyes locked "Or else" with this she left slamming the door hard.

The thought of that made me want to just expose her that she had bad intentions toward Hadrian but he might call it an accusation, I mean since she's a Princess and I am merely someone.

I heaved a sigh ending my miserable flashback as I made my way out of my house, today I resume. I was beyond happy, with no reason why.

"Stop lying," my subconscious tells and I just laugh.

Hadrian's POV

  "You have lost your upper body strength Fred" I laugh at the helpless Fred on the floor. We were at the training ground, he begged me to train with him, and since I didn't want to spend another hour listening to Eleanor's list of favorite weapons, I had to accept but I guess now I am regretting it because he is not fighting as he did when we last met.

"Haven't you heard of a warm-up, I am just warming up" he gets up dusting himself and positioning for another round.

"Do you want to do this?" I ask jokingly.

"Come on prince, you scared?" I laugh at his statement and stay for another round.

He attacks first pushing my sword with his and swinging it around my neck, I dodged and sweep his legs. 

"Ow," he groans. I take my hair to the back.

"The pain only means, you're losing brother," he says and I just laugh.

 "Okay, why don't we go again?" I offer. He smiles and gets up again situating an attack technique.

I held my shield and let him take the first shot, our swords met each other in the air and it seemed he was putting more effort, but I jacked his shield and kicked him till he met the floor. I threaten him with my sword pointing at him"really Fredrick?" I laugh and my eyes meet Irene who stood just by the cloth line, she smiled at me and I smiled back. Fred took the advantage and sweeps my legs and I met with the floor.