Chapter 35

35🌹.
This one is dedicated to yompous

Irene's POV
My face went blue as the young Scarlett stood in awe of her mother's body lying helplessly on the floor.
Scarlett looked at the body and back at Isolde. Their eyes locked and Isolde gave a deep stare like she was searching for something and before anyone could say anything, Scarlett dashed out of the hut smashing the door behind her

"She didn't tally with her emotions, the pain, and the hurt led her to kill our mother and move on to kill the other women in higher rank" Scarlett cried.

"The high witches? She killed them?" I ask.

"Not only did she kill them but she burnt the entire village to the ground out of bitterness and it was all my fault"

"No, no it wasn't. Somehow she was going to show her true colors" I say rubbing her thighs.

"She searched for me day and night relentlessly, she could easily find me by tracking me because our minds were connected always because we were sisters but this time it was different. I was carrying a product of a mortal and immortal, that was the one power Isolde couldn't forge yet. She sought and sought for me, and I got weaker trying to fight her from knowing my whereabouts" Scarlett explains.

"Where did you hide?"

"In a hut that your mother showed me, I stayed there for months, your mother brought food the times she could and our friendship grew"

A tear escaped my eyes.

I took a deep breath "What happened when you gave birth".

She smiled brightly"that moment was the best moment of my life even though it was short-lived".

I turn to the wall again.

Scarlett sat on the bed with her legs apart and my mother stood above her as both women scream.

"Push Scarlett!" My mother yells.

Scarlett breathed heavily as thunder struck "I can't Aurora, please come" she cries.

"Scarlett don't give up now I beg you, we are almost there" my mother begs.

"Come Aurora!" She called.

My mother looked at her puzzled as she left her position and came to sit with Scarlett.

The two friends looked themselves dead in the eye, one with concern for the other and the other with mixed emotions.

"I want you to promise me something Aurora" Scarlett begins faintly.

"This is not the time for promises Scarlett, we need to..." My mother gets up but Scarlett holds her tightly and draws her back.

"Listen to me Aurora, Once this baby comes out, Isolde will know my whereabouts immediately and all of us will be in danger, and I can't let that happen" Scarlett cries "I need you to promise me that you would run now and don't look back".

"What?" My mother whispers "are you scared of Isolde?"

Scarlett scoffs"No no no, I am scared for you and my baby"

"Then I will take the child and run far away," my mother tells her.

"Do you think Isolde is stupid, She will hunt you down and she will kill you"Scarlett says.

My mother stares at her for a while her brows raise.

"Don't tell me you want me to go now?"