Chapter 36

36🌹

  Irene's POV
The images from the wall were clear now and there I sat, in the boat backing Scarlett.

“So you see why I need your help" she begins “Hadrian is drowning and I am afraid that if he isn't saved or brought back to the city, then I fear what will happen to Diera if Isolde takes hold".

“What of Natasha, she calls Isolde her Aunt, did you have another sister?" I inquire.

“Sapphire, she was the youngest amongst us, she got pregnant for the King of Arran, and when she told my mother and the high witches found out, she was banished from our village but it is a good thing. When you are banished, you will have no memory of our village or anyone in it, so the only thing she knew was she was pregnant for the king. I missed her but of what use if she didn't remember me? She gave birth to Natasha then Eleanor and she died". Scarlett explained.

“Oh" was all I said.

“But that's not the issue now my child" she drew closer to me“Hadrian needs you"

I look at her puzzled.

“How are you sure he needs me, he's a prince, future king, what could I possibly say to him that would make him come with me? Besides, he is missing and..." Before I could continue, a flock of ravens, an unkindness, flew above our heads.

“What was that?" I shiver.

“Time is running out, you have to go"

“But I'm not done asking you questions," I tell her.

“There is no time, if you stay any bit longer, you will be stuck here forever. Go, when you see Hadrian, you will know what to do" She urges me holding my hands.

“But... I don't know where he is"

“Ask Leo," She says“I will always be with you". She concludes.

My eyes opened and I was in the inner temple again. I slowly raise my head to Darius. He smiled at me, and my head was roaming with thoughts but I have to make this less dramatic now.

“How long have I been here?" I ask noticing he was wearing new attire.

“Three days," he tells me and stands up slowly.

“Come now, we do not have much time, a lot has happened in these three days you were not here" he strides to the other side of the room. I wonder to myself what has happened. Maybe Isolde is dead and Natasha has reconciled with Eleanor? Wild thoughts Irene, wild thoughts.

“What happened?" I ask curiously as Darius wears a cloak over my shoulders.

“Isolde plans to take the rule of the city since Hadrian has not been found"

“We can't let that happen".

“I know, I know, we are going to have a meeting tomorrow".

“You have to make sure she doesn't win, I mean, she does not hold the Royal seal" In Diera here, only the royal seal shows the true ruler of our kingdom, without it, every other thing is useless.

“I will try but you have to go now".

“Is anything wrong Darius?"

“I fear what she might do to you if you are seen" he explains “Go now, the night sky will protect you".

I nod in response and walk forward to take my leave. My heart beat faster than my footsteps as thoughts elude my emotions.

“Irene," Darius calls out.