eighteen🖤

sorry for any mistakes 💕
.
.
.

Ebony POV:

I was waken up by Janet shaking me roughly, I sat up as I rubbed my eyes seeing her staring at me with a blank stare.

Ebony: "hm"

Janet: "get up, it's about to be 6 pm"

I groaned as I got out of bed. I wanted to sleep, sleep and sleep but I know I couldn't. And Janet wouldn't let me. So I didn't even try to argue.

Janet: "get dressed, your father is coming"

Ebony: "my father?"

Janet: "yes travis"

I was actually happy but nervous to see him, I haven't seen him since my mother left him. She said I couldn't see him or have any contact with him. I just noticed, my mother has stopped me from having a bond with a lot of people I was once close with.

Janet: "if you don't wa-"

I wrap my arms around Janet's torso hugging her tight.

Ebony: "thank you"

Janet: "you're welcome Ebony"

Janet says dryly. The janet I once knew would come out sometimes and I it wasn't all the time but I guess I didn't have a choice but to get used to this Janet.

Janet: "I'm going to get dinner started, he's gonna be here at 8"

She walked out leaving me in the room by myself. I make my way into the bathroom to get ready. Once I finished showering and everything. I put on a casual outfit. Since I'm not staying with my parents, I grab a pair of Janet's jeans. I also just noticed I tend to borrow a lot of Janet's clothes. I put on the blue jeans and a white crop top... which was also Janet's.

I make my way out the room, downstairs to the kitchen where I see janet on the phone

Janet: "yes...tonight is actually not a good but tomorrow yes come over... okay I gotta go bye shawnette"

She hangs up the phone and side eyes me as she put the phone on the table. She goes back to stir whatever she was cooking on the stove. I know it was none of my business who shawnette was and I didn't have any right to be jealous cause it's not like Janet is my girlfriend or anything. She's just my... aunt