Chapter One

All right reserved.

https://www.amazon.com/author/meganmichelle

This is a very mature story, the storyline is based on sex. There will be no warnings, so if you are uncomfortable with sexual encounters, foul language, drug use, or domestic violence, please do not read.

Beginning to edit this on 5/2/23.

Thank you for reading!

——————

Rain pads down against the concrete behind the restaurant's windows. The wind scatters the leaves in circles, disrupting the once peaceful parking lot. A sigh leaves my parted lips, my hand holding my head up as I lean against the bar.

Rainy nights are always slow, and they're never good for business. It's like the word 'storm' intimidates people from leaving their homes. Despite the few that somehow manage to find themselves in here almost every night of the week, regardless of the weather outside. I am convinced an apocalypse could begin and my few regulars would still fight their way here and sit on their bar stools.

"Mitch!" One of my regulars, Bill, speaks to gain my attention. My eyes snap to his old frame, looking at the empty beer cup in his hand. His kind eyes are now framed with wrinkles from both old age and sadness.

"Another Vienna Lager?" He nods at my words, a soft smile on his lips. He is one of my favorite regulars, he has come in here twice a day for three years. Ever since his beautiful wife passed away. He is more family than he is a customer. We have spent many nights filled with both laughter and sadness, in the blissful company of one another.

"So, has business picked up?" Bill asks, genuinely concerned. He knows the restaurant isn't doing as well as usual. Thankfully, I am still making a pretty good profit.

"It has a little. Valentine's Day is coming up in a few weeks so I know that'll be a big hit. It helps that I bartend at night now as well. I get to keep all of my tips, and make a profit from everything in between." He nods his head, pleased with the information.

I opened this restaurant seven years ago on a whim, drunk on my twentieth birthday. My best friend and I had a half-assed plan, based on a mind dazed with alcohol.  I took out a loan and we somehow made it happen. I have full ownership, and Noah is the kitchen manager making a pretty decent salary. We had some thoughts on different names but decided to use them as a memorial for my parents.

'Roselet's Bar & Grill'.

James and Anne Roselet. Two souls that blessed the world with their beauty. They were the light that my life needed. Taken by an ungrateful bastard who saw nothing but the watch on my dad's wrist and the necklace around my mother's throat. Their deaths had given me a newfound look at the world, and not a good one. Ever since that day, I have seen what society truly has to offer, and I must say I am not impressed.

However, only the bar and grill of this restaurant are in their memory. There's a darker side in a different part of the building, that is specifically for my amusement. Another establishment I opened on a whim, however, consisted of much more planning and dedication.

The door to the front opens, and the loud sound of rain rings through the restaurant momentarily. A tall slender man walks through the doors, slacks on and a white button-up. Simplistic, but sexy. The gold chain on his neck sways with each step he takes. The diamonds in his ears sparkle under the dim light, and a watch hangs towards the cuff of his dress shirt.  Due to the incredibly small city that I live in, damn near everybody knows everybody in some way, shape, or form. But this man is different than the usual rednecks that stumble in here, and he sure as hell isn't from our neck of the woods.