Chapter Ten

I jump up, a loud banging echoing through the large house. The sun is peeking through the window, and I wonder what time it is. Mateo jumps out of bed, an unknown expression on his face. Elias follows suit. They both get dressed quickly as I just stare. Mateo goes to his nightstand and pulls out his gun.

My hearts starts thumping heavier, sleep intensifying my worries. "Don't move," is all Mateo says as they both walk out the bedroom. I lay in bed for a moment, hearing the front door open.

"What the fuck? What the fuck is so important you couldn't call?" Mateo's voice is loud, and quite frankly scary. I haven't heard his tone in that manner yet.

I stand up, picking up Elias' shirt from last night. I go to his drawer, hoping to find the underwear drawer first. I am successful. I slide the boxers up my thighs, creeping into the hallway.

"I've been calling all night, and all morning. I'm sorry for disturbing you but it's not something I could exactly wait for."

"Then what is it?" Elias snaps.

"The warehouse in New Jersey was seized, thirty two pounds of marijuana and and six kilos of coke was taken. It wasn't by the police, but they were dressed as police. I believe it was Lorenzo and his people." The man sounds frantic and annoyed. Six kilos of coke? I have a feeling they aren't talking about the soda.

"Fuck!" Mateo yells. I jump slightly at the loudness of his voice. You can hear the anger in vengeance seeping through his words.

"Quiet, you're going to scare her," Elias mumbles, I'm sure referring to me.

"Finally found a woman?" The man speaks, excitement now bubbling in his voice.

"Not the fucking time, Kaleb," I find myself walking further down the hall, and the man I assume is Kaleb looks in my direction. Both of the boys turn around.

"Shit," Mateo mumbles. Elias walks over to me, a calm expression on his face.

"I thought we told you to stay in the room, princess," he speaks lowly, calmly.

"I, it was loud. Was making sure everything it okay," and I'm partially nosey and wanted to see what had pissed them off so bad.

He sighs, glancing to Mateo. "Were you listening?"

I have no reason to lie, I'm pretty sure he already knows the answer. I just nod my head, biting my lip to ease my nerves. "Do you want to leave?" He asks, referring to the fact my suspicions are confirmed. They do have a business, just a very illegal and dangerous one. Drugs.

"Uhm, no, but I would like to talk later." Staying probably isn't the best option, but I don't feel threatened or discouraged as of yet. I glance to Kaleb, still trying to piece everything together based off of what I currently know. If he's coming to report this to the two of them, I'm assuming they hold some authority.

"That's fine, princess."

I nod my head to Elias, slowly walking towards Mateo. I could tell he was still angry, angry at the situation and at himself for letting me overhear the conversation. I lace my fingers with his, and Kaleb stares at us in shock. His mouth hangs open a bit. I assume it's because I'm with two men, but I don't think the boys would let him judge me. We aren't together, we're just sharing a consistent sex life.

"I'm sorry, princess," he grumbles, not making eye contact with me. He sounds like a kid who just got caught stealing a cookie.

"I'm sorry to interrupt, but what's our next move?" Kaleb asks, avoiding looking at our conjoined hands.

Mateo glances down at me, before looking back at Kaleb. "I'll ride with you, wait in the car. Tell Jans and Neil to meet us at the warehouse in ten minutes."