Chapter Forty Eight

I jump up from my sleep, the warm ways of the sun illuminating the otherwise dark room. Mateo isn't beside me anymore. I rub my eyes, throwing the covers off of my body. I walk out of the room, following the soft cries of my babies.

Walking into the living room I see Mateo and Elias both changing Myles diapers. "I think we need another wipe," Elias concentrates, inspecting the baby for anymore poop. I can't help but giggle, both of their eyes shooting up to me. "Thank fuck," Elias stands to his feet.

"Good morning, beautiful." Mateo says, fastening Myles diaper.

"Morning?" I question. I couldn't have been sleep that long.

"You've been asleep for fourteen hours. Not that I was counting. Okay, maybe a little. Life is so much easier with you around." Elias rumbles on, pulling me in for a kiss.

"Why'd you let me sleep that long?" I question. I pick up Malanni, her eyes wide and alert. I smile down at her, making some incoherent noises to see her giggle.

"You needed it," Mateo says, Myles in his arms. "I went to sleep with you for a few hours but I heard my sisters come back with the babies so I woke up to help Elias. There's some food in the microwave for you as well."

I nod my head, walking to the kitchen. A plate way too big sits where he said. I heat it up for a moment before setting it on the table.

"You want me to take her while you eat?" Elias asks.

"No, baby. She's alright." I rock her in my arms as I take small bites.

"We'd like to take you out tonight. Kinsley and Kaleb said they'll watch the kids for the night." Mateo walks into the kitchen.

"All night?" I sit up a bit straighter. We haven't spent a whole night away from our babies since we brought them home. I trust Kaleb and Kinsley, but it still ruffles my nerves a bit to think about being away from them for that long.

"Yes, my love." Mateo chuckles. "All night."

I shake the jitters off, finishing my food. "We have a dress picked out for you in Mateo's room. Don't look at it until tonight." Elias grabs my plate to wash it off.

I haven't worn a nice dress in so long. I haven't been out of the house in awhile either.

The rest of the day passes by quickly. I clean the house up in between the babies cries. The boys have been in their office for the majority. Around five o'clock Kinsley busts through the front door, Kaleb following. In this moment I begin to regret giving her a key.

"You scared the shit out of me," I mumble.

"Well, your hair scared me so I guess we're even. Where are my god babies at?" She marches over to where I'm sitting. Her face lights up when she sees both of the babies already in their car seats fast asleep. "Look how cute," she gushes over their small frames.

"They ate a half hour ago. I packed a few outfits for each of them and s lot of diapers. Diaper cream is in the front pocket and-"

"Michelle. We have clothes for them and I'm here almost every day. They will be fine. I promise. I'll send you pictures every few hours." She cuts me off, picking up the diaper bag. "Enjoy your night to yourself." She wiggles her eyebrows, motioning for Kaleb to pick up the seats. "Love you!" She yells over her shoulder.

"Bye Mitch!" Kaleb shuts the door behind him.

I guess it's time for me to get ready. I head to my room, looking in the mirror. My hair is crazy, she was right about that. My curls have tangled together. I start to detangle the mess, wincing every so often. Once I've finished I decide to straighten it. It takes awhile, but once I'm done I feel a lot better. My hair is long and silky. I do my makeup after, natural with a dash of glam around my eyes. My lashes frame my eyes seductively. I walk towards Mateo's room, the dress hanging in a cover on his closet door.