Chapter Thirty Three

This chapter is a trigger warning. It shows domestic violence. Chris is based off of a real character, to a certain extent. I know the fear and I know how it affects some people. I, however, like to talk about it or write about it to cope. If you're uncomfortable please skip after Mateo's POV is over.

Mateo' POV

—————

The table is set for Michelle. She has a bad habit of not eating when she's at work, so we want to make sure she does once she gets home. Kinsley cooked earlier before she left, and she made enough for all of us.

I can't help but keep looking at the clock, seeing as she should be home by now.

"She didn't answer," Elias says as he enters the kitchen.

My suspicions begin to rise. I decide to open up the security camera app, going through each room in the restaurant. It's completely empty, no one left in the building including our woman.

"Check the parking lot for her car," Elias points to the camera labeled 'front lot.'

My finger clicks it quickly, and I bring the camera closer to my face once I do. "What the fuck," my heart thumps against my chest. A body lays beside Michelle's car, and it appears to be Carlos. A small puddle of blood floats beneath his head.

I jump to my feet. "Rewind it," Elias rushes out, snatching the phone from my hands. I don't know much about how the app works, seeing as he's the one that set it up he'll be able to do this much quicker.

As he fidgets with it, I pick up his phone. I quickly dial Kaleb's number.

Once I hear the click of him answering, I don't give him the opportunity to speak. "Everyone that's able needs to meet us at Roselet's in ten minutes. No questions asked." I hang up, watching the video with Elias.

We watch as our beautiful woman walks out of the restaurant, her hips swaying. Carlos is walking beside her, his body just a step behind her. Two men sprint onto the screen, and Carlos is smacked with a lot of force with a bat. I wince when his body hits the ground, noticing his gun sliding beside him. The other guy wraps his arms tightly around Michelle. All that can be seen is the back of his head. The one who hit Carlos smiles, lifting the bat above his head in triumph.

Elias and I are quiet, watching every inch of the screen. The guy holding Mitch turns to walk away, and his face is highlighted under the street light.

"Son of a bitch, I'm going to kill him. Slowly." I start rambling off cuss words as I throw the nearest item to me at the wall. The plate shatters, ceramic pieces flying in every direction.

"Fucking Chris," Elias runs his hand over his face. His face is red with anger. "Should've blown his guts out. Fuck!" He yells, grabbing his keys. "Let's go."

We get into the car, the silence becoming deafening. My hands are clenched into fists, and I stare at every car we pass to see if it resembles Chris'. There's no telling what he's doing to our innocent woman, where he's taking her or what his plans are.

I'm going to kill him, and whether it's a slow or a quick death depends on how Michelle is when we get to her.

When we pull into the parking lot, cars surround hers. Our men all stand in a circle, Kaleb and Neil have Carlos sat against the car with a shirt wrapped around his head.

We open the car doors quickly, all eyes on us. Anger radiates through both of us, and everyone here notices.

"What the hell is going on? Isn't this Michelle's security guard?" Neil rambles, lightly tapping Carlos' face to try and get him to wake up.