Chapter Fifteen

Mateo's POV

The drive to the warehouse is short and sweet. My gun is on my hip, and a few of my men are already here. Kaleb pulls in directly behind me, getting out quickly and meeting me as I step out of my car.

"Alaric should be here in a few minutes, but you know the bastard is always fashionably late."

"I've got a few choice words for the slick son of the bitch, the longer it takes the more disrespectful they'll become." I shrug, waking in the building. "Is the shipment ready?" I ask Neil as he walks over with a clipboard.

"Yes, everything has been weighed and accounted for. I went over it myself, I didn't want to take any chances, boss." He shows me the paper, and I scan over it making sure it matches with the deal that's been put into motion.

"The set price is sixty thousand; no less. No negotiations. If the bastard plays games, everybody in here better be on high alert. This isn't a usual deal, Alaric has caused problems before and he tried to last night as well." I say with my arms crossed, everyone paying attention.

"Last night?" Kaleb asks, straightening his posture.

"Yes, I won't get into the details but he tried to play a very dangerous game. A game I'm unsure of how he knew to play." I make eye contact with almost everyone in the room. Gravel is heard as cars pull into the long driveway, and I glance to see Alaric step out of the car. His smug smile is already pissing me off but I remain professional. I stand with my arms crossed, Kaleb and Niel on either side of me.

"Mateo! Good to see you again. You get your girl home safe and sound last night?" He walks up with about six of his men behind him, cocky as ever.

I smile back, but with nothing but pure sinister intentions. "The price just went up to sixty five, keep pushing your luck." I'm sure I appear quite smug.

I notice the looks from most the men around me, most hadn't known I was in a relationship prior to this moment.

"Yikes, sixty five? That's steep. You're hurting my heart." He puts his hand over his heart for extra affect and my smile doesn't falter. "Where's the shipment?" He asks.

I nod my head to the pallet on my right, and he motions his men to inspect it. "You know, it's a bold move to have such a beautiful thick piece of bitch left alone in a bar. Intoxicated at that. You know how easy I could've followed her into the bathroom and had my way with her? Such a shame I'm such a gentleman." He adjusts his shrimp dick as he talks, my anger slowly beginning to boil. For the bastards sake I hope I remain calm. I've never been one that's been good with emotions, or holding back how I feel when I'm disrespected.

I suck my teeth in, setting my hand on my pistol. "You see, Alaric, I am a very patient man." Neil chuckles beside me, knowing I am lying like hell. "But you, you're going to push it. And I will gladly show you who I truly am." I casually roll my sleeves up, my men around me shifting slightly once they see my clear irritation.

"Oh, Mateo, I know who you truly are. You and your bitch boyfriend."

"Watch your mouth, pussy. You're not in your territory, I'd tread lightly." Kaleb speaks up, his hand resting comfortably on the pistol on his hip. His anger always reflects mine, for some reason. Even when what I'm angered by has no relevance to him. It's his loyalty, I presume.

"Oh? Is this Michael's territory now? You find a quick fuck and you're ready to bring your whole drug business here to please her. Silly mistakes, Michaels. Silly mistakes." He shakes his head.

I take three steps forward until we're nose to nose, and his men all get closer. Hand on their guns, fingers itching to pull the delicate trigger. My men stay how they were, knowing the difference between a actual threat and this little bitch.

"This whole city, matter of fact this whole state is my territory. You're awfully concerned about my sex life, yeah? When you need to be worried about that slut of a sister who's been passed around by at least six of my men." I spit out, letting our foreheads touch. "I don't need your money, I've got enough to buy out every man you have in your corner and still go by an island. On that island your sister will be slutted out, willingly, before coming home to you. I'm not the one to fuck with, Alaric. That woman is mine, I do not play with what's mine." I push his head with my own before backing up, taking deep breaths before I really do end up splattering his brains all over this beautiful product.

"Now," I take out my gun and cock it back. "Let's get this shit over with before I splatter your small brain cells across my product." My threat is real and Alaric can sense that.

He pretends to zip his lips, smiling as he walks over to the pallet. His boys give him the 'ok'. "Load it up." He speaks, and one of them comes up with a duffel bag. He tosses is at my feet.

"Neil," I motion, and he pick up the bag before putting it in the bill counter and counting it out.

"Sixty." He says.

"It's sixty five, Alaric. Are you deaf?" I look at him.

"My apologies," he shrugs, taking out some more cash and sliding it my way. "Five more. Happy, Michaels?" He smiles. What I would do to beat that smirk permanently onto his fucking face.

I watch as they load every last brick onto the back of the cargo van they brought with them. Every moment was tracked by my eyes, knowing that Alaric is fulled with bullshit trucks. He also know that last person that played with my money and time was sent back to his wife with half his body in a body bag. The other half was sent to his side bitch. He shared them when he was alive, I figured he'd want to share them in his passing too.

"Tell Ms. Roselet I said hey, yeah?" He says with his back turned as he walks towards his truck. I clench my jaw, watching the cheeky fuck slide into the backseat of the car.

"Marcus, follow him out and make sure he leaves this city." I say as he walks away. Marcus nods and grabs a few men before heading out the garage door.

Everyone else stays behind, waiting for whatever I have to say.

"Elias and I are in a relationship with a woman. Alaric is treading on thin lines. She is innocent, and not a part of this lifestyle at all. I know I've never put us in this situation before, to have a weak spot. She is not that. She is ours, and you will treat her as you would me if and when you all come in contact with her." I glance around, everyone nodding. "For the next few weeks I want someone near where ever she's at at all time until I'm sure Alaric is gone. He found out who she was to us before you all did, and I don't feel safe with that information. I'll keep you all updated with who does what when, but for now you'll assume as usual."

A few of them mumble their agreements, and I turn to Kaleb who's smiling too much for my liking. "Public, I like it. Big boss turning soft."

"For her, soft for her. The rest of you bastards can suck my left nut."

"Sounds like she does that for you too," he laughs as walks away.

I shake my head, heading towards the back to go through shipment orders. Elias texts me to let me know he dropped her off and he's on his way here.

I send Neil out to make sure she's okay, giving him her make and model of the vehicle.

I haven't had her long enough to put her in danger. She'll be safe.