Chapter Thirteen

We're going on week three of our 'relationship'. It's been different, to say the least. We've visited Rose Petals a handful of times, sticking to the basics mainly. We haven't gone out in public much, and I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad thing. I live in a very small city, polygamous relationships are rarely, if ever, witnessed in person. The boys have been amazing, I've been getting to know them and how their lifestyles work. Mateo still has some opening up to do, but honestly I do too. It's been quiet, peaceful even. They've made transitioning into my first real relationship since Chris a great experience.

Kinsley and Noah give me shit almost daily, mainly because they told me this would happen and I was indenial. Kinsley starting working for me at both Roselet's and Rose Petals. She bartends on both sides, and my customers love her. Who wouldn't? She's opened up a lot of doors since starting her new career, the views of Rose Petals is hard to watch and not picture yourself in whoever's shoes.

However, it's been three days now and I haven't seen or heard from either one of my handsome men. Their communication skills definitely need to be worked on, but I don't stress it. It has been lonelier at night, but I still have Kinsley's warm body to lay next to.

"We're going out tonight, we're both off. Noah can hold down the fort at Roselet's so we can enjoy some girls time." Kinsley grins, biting into one of her snacks.

"You know I don't do the 'going out' scene," I debate.

"Yeah yeah, you really want your small ass best friend going to a club by herself? Wasted as hell? What if I get kidnapped? Or roofied?" She glares. Part of her is exaggerating, but it's also been a fear of hers. She was roofied at a high school party, so now she always likes to make sure she isn't alone when she's intoxicated.

"Fine, but not all night." I give in.

"Plan to dress sexy too baby, your supposed boyfriends aren't in contact right now so I say fuck them!" She stops, glancing at me. "But not literally, the don't deserve none of that good kitty after these past few days."

I roll my eyes, going back to eating my food in silence.

Hours pass, and Kinsley is forcing me into a rather short and tight black dress. Black is one of my favorite colors, it makes me appear slimmer and just genuinely sexier. It's long sleeved, with a small slit on the left hip. I straightened my hair, and decided on a good amount of makeup. I look eatable, if I do say so myself. Kinsley is dressed in a hot pink shirt skirt and top. She plans on taking someone to bed tonight.

I, on the other job, just want to get drunk.

The club isn't too far from the apartment, again being thankful for my small city. When we pull in it's pretty packed, only a few parking spaces available. I scan the parking lot as we park, just being sure of my surroundings.

"Look at that man," Kinsley points out from a group of men smoking out by their cars. They're all really attractive, but the one she points too is God sent. Tall, dark complexion, and muscular. A truly beautiful sight. Kinsley gushes as we exit the car, and we all make eye contact as we head towards the building.

"How're we doing ladies?" One of them asks as we pass.

"We could be better," Kinsley flirts, sending a wink as we get searched by the bouncer and enter the building.

The atmosphere is loud, music blaring from every corner and the ceiling. Body's are scattered all around. Some dancing, some talking, and some just simply intoxicated.

"Tequila, neat," I exclaim as I walk to the bar. Kinsley orders the same and we buck the first shot, slamming the cup back down on the bar top. "Another," I say, deciding to take a seat.