Chapter Fifty Five

Because I fucked up, Mitch! I slept with the sister of someone I'm supposed to kill. She's pregnant! Brandon's voice rings through my ears.

I watch as Kristen cheers in excitement, hearing of another grand child being brought into her life. I unconsciously rock my baby, my eyes stuck on Brandon's. He stares back at me as he knows I'm connecting the dots. His face is red and strained. Elias and Mateo assume he looks like that because of Makaela's relation to Mateo.

I feel them glance back at me, but I'm unable to look away from my brother.

Because I fucked up, Mitch! I slept with the sister of someone I'm supposed to kill. She's pregnant!

He didn't hear of my wedding through another individual in the drug community. He heard it from Mateo's sister as she pillow talked away all of her brother's information. I believe if it wasn't me he was going to marry, he would've shot him dead in front of the entire guests that was there.

"Mitch?" I hear Kinsley talking to me as she grabs my hand to grab my attention.

However, my heart race increases. Wild thoughts running through my head. Brandon is on a contract to kill my husband.

My lips twitch a bit, shaking myself out of my stuck state.

"Michelle?" Makaela asks softly, knowing now that she's pregnant by my brother.

"Huh? Oh. Congratulations. Hopefully he's a better father than he is a brother." I send her a short smile as I stand to my feet. I walk to Kaleb as I grab Myles, quick to get both of them out of the eye sight of Brandon.

"Michelle, Michelle dammit!" I hear Brandon try and follow me.

"Take one more step, please do," I hear Mateo's voice as I walk into my twins room. I go to shut the door but Kinsley's arm stops it.

"Ow! Damn, bitch." She rubs her arm as she shuts the door with her leg. "I know you don't like him and he's a piece of shit. Now you're stuck around him for life." She slumps down on the floor as I sit in the rocker.

I stare down at their sleeping faces, my mind wandering.

Because I fucked up, Mitch! I slept with the sister of someone I'm supposed to kill. She's pregnant!

His intentions were to kill my husband. Were or is? I question myself, gnawing at my bottom lip. Do I tell Mateo and Elias? Or do I talk to Brandon first?

I know if I tell my husbands that Mateo is more than likely going to kill Brandon first. He doesn't take threats lightly. He'll see him as an immediate threat to not only himself but our little family we have going on. His sister will hate him for killing the father of her child. It would be a shit show.

What if I don't tell him and Brandon takes a moment of weakness as the opportunity to kill my husband? I know he wasn't a good man before we met, but he's changed substantially since I've been in his life. At least around me. Since his incident I don't think he's participated in anything other than drug deals.

"Mitch! Talk to me." Kinsley's voice snaps my head to hers as I realize I've zoned out. Malanni stirs in my arms before throwing her arm on my breast and falling back asleep.

"What?" I ask her, not even trying to mask my worried features.

"There's something I'm missing here. I understand you being upset that he'll have a connection to your family, but there's something more to it. Spill!" She rambles, running her fingers through her hair.

Arguments are heard daintily coming from the living room, but I don't let them much attention.

"Brandon wants to kill Mateo." I state, gauging her reaction.