Chapter Four

"I told you they want to fuck you," Kinsley says once she joins my in the kitchen, still rubbing her tired eyes. We didn't get home until two last night.

"I own the only BDSM club around, it's probably just a coincidence." I conclude, flipping the pancakes I have cooking. Even I know that's bullshit.

"Nope, not a chance." She spoke, drawing out the first word. "So, don't you have to interview them and go over the rules and shit?"

I handed her a plate, sitting down beside her. "Yes, and it will be the most awkward experience I have had with these interviews. I've never had to interview someone I've known before." Chewing on the food, I start to wonder. Maybe they have a submissive that already comes to Rose Petals. Maybe they're gay and uninterested in me.

"Stop overthinking it and call," she slides my tablet over to me, their applications staring at me front and center. I can't deny them just because I'm attracted to them. I guess she's right. "I'm always right," she winks.

"Be quiet." I hesitantly pull out my phone. I dial Elias' number first.

"Lamont," he sneers after a few rings. The hostility in his voice throws me slightly off guard, seeing how nice he seems when he's at Roselet's.

"Uhm, hi," I mumble, and Kinsley gives me a stupid face making me realize how dumb I sound.

"Hi?" His voice softens a few octaves.

"Oh yes, this is Michelle from Roselet's, well from Rose Petals calling you about your application."

I can practically hear the smirk in his voice. "Well, hello Mitchie. I'm so glad you received our application." Mitchie?

A blush finds its way to my face at the new nickname, and I try to make my voice sound stronger. I am professional. I'm used to these conversations; this man is no different.

"Yes, I was wondering if you could come by tonight around eleven to go over everything before we make a decision."

"Oh of course, my love. Mateo and I will be there." Shit, both, together?

"Well usually we have separate interviews," I stop when Mateo's voice comes through the phone.

"We'll be there at eleven, baby," he hangs up, leaving no room for me to respond.

I stare at the phone flabbergasted; Kinsley looks amused. "You know, you should tell them you need a trial scene before they begin. Just so you can get your nut off." Her smile is smug. I throw my napkin at her and she giggles. "You're off tomorrow, right?"

"Yeah, unless I decide to go in," I shrug.

"Nope, we're going out for dinner. Noah and Rebecca are coming, and we're going to go to a fancy restaurant to get drunk. My drinks are on you," she winks.

I reluctantly agree, getting up to clean up the mess we've made with breakfast. We watch movies to pass time until it's time for me to get ready for work. Kinsley decides I need to look sexy. She pulls out a tight black skirt with a white button up, and black wedges to match. I decide to straighten my hair for once and apply eyeliner onto my regular makeup routine.

"Beautiful," Kinsley speaks, smiling at me. "Now go before you're late." So I do. I'm always punctual, as if someone would scold me for being late.

The ride to work felt like it took hours, but in reality I was there in ten minutes. The restaurant is busy when I walk in. The kitchen looks to be struggling, Noah trying to deal with customers and the food. I quickly walk to the expo line, helping push food out the window.