Chapter Twelve

Kinsley moves back in to town tomorrow, and I've been spending the past few hours tidying up. The boys were busy with work again, and I've only seen them a few times since dinner, and that was a week ago. I didn't mind, they aren't mine to mind over. We've texted on and off, but I've been busying myself with all three jobs, including the new air bnb. I postponed my trip to visit and decorate it until after Kinsley was here and settled in.

I'm bored, in all honesty. The boys keep me on my toes, especially when they're curled. Work has been slow. Chris hasn't attempted to contact me again, so I hope that means he's rotting in a cell.

Once I finished cleaning, I got dressed and headed to Roselet's. The restaurant was packed when I arrived, so I joined Noah in the back cooking. It was a good way to pass time and we got to talk and catch up in the meantime.

Once the rush is over I take the apron off, air dusting my hands off. "So, you're dating both of them?" Noah asks.

"Sleeping with both of them, no relations involved."

"Not yet," he corrects me. "Look, Mitchie, they both seem very interested. If this is something you'd like to do, I believe you should. There's nothing wrong with indulging yourself with the both of them if they are both aware. And they are."

"I don't know if I'm ready for a relationship yet, much more two."

"But you are, you're just worried about getting into one. That'll be the same old bullshit, the same problems. It won't be, and if it miraculously happened to be? I'll kill them both. Problem solved." He smiles smugly. I don't think my chunky best friend could successfully kill two strong drug dealers, but I don't say anything.

"Only time will tell." I shrug it off.

"Since business is picking up, I wanted to ask you if we could discuss a salary raise. Nothing too crazy, just an extra two to three hundred a month. Rebecca and I are trying for a baby and I'd like to save as much money as possible."

I smile at him, nodding my head. "Of course, we'll do an extra two fifty on each check, for a total of five hundred a month."

"You see? This is why you're the best."

"Ain't that the truth," Sharon states, butting in. "I told myself I would never cook for a restaurant again and then I met you, and well I obviously changed my mind." I giggle at her comment, heading over to the bar to set up for the night.

A few hours pass, dinner rush coming and going. Bill walks in, my smile reaching ear to ear when I see him. "Bill, I've missed you. It's been three days, where've you been?" I question, leaning against the bar to talk to him.

"Just some personal things going on. You know I love you, right?" He asks, the normal joking glint in his eye vanished. 

"I hope you do. What's been going on, do you want to talk about it?" I pour his normal beer, and he smiles but it seems forced.

"Not today, lovebug. Not today." He takes a swig as if he's savoring the taste. "What's been going on with them there boys you've been seeing? Are they treating you right?"

"We aren't together, Bill. We've just been enjoying each other's company."

"Well that's good to hear, now ain't it." Jarod walks in. He comes here every few months or so. He tries and fails to flirt with me, but he tips well so I don't mind it. He's never taken it beyond suggestions and complements. "But did he say boys? Plural?" He questions.

"Now you know I don't talk personal with you, strictly business." I make his usual drink as well, setting it in front of him.

"I've got good news, actually. I've met a woman. A great woman, not as great as you though." He grins, running his tongue over the gap in his teeth. "All jokes aside, she's truly wonderful and way more than I deserve." He sips his drink, and I believe him. He never talks about women this way.