Chapter Three

"Your apartment is so bland," Kinsley comments. "Where's all your paintings? Decorations? The fuck is this?" She motions to the Chewbacca picture I have in the living room. I think it is decorative.

"I left everything at the old place. I didn't want to stay longer than needed." And I can't put stuff together to save my life. It took my years to learn how to dress myself well. I'm not bothered by my naked apartment.

She proceeds to the kitchen after throwing her bags on the couch. "At least you have food," she comments. I always have a stocked kitchen, never knowing what snacks I might crave. She grabs a bag of hot chips, taking a seat onto the counter. "So, what're you wearing tonight?" She smiles innocently.

"Look, I will go with you," her eyes light up, "however I am not sleeping with anyone. I am strictly there to watch."

She sighs, but shrugs. "Oh well, you can watch me!" I giggle, having her around making me feel more comfortable already. "I'm thinking of moving back, Kentucky isn't that fun and you and Noah aren't there. It's boring, in all aspects. My job is boring, and every man I've slept with there is vanilla. Missionary and doggy, the only positions they know." She lays her head back, her face in a grimace as she pictures the bland sexual encounters she's had.

"Not everything is about sex, Kins, but I won't encourage you to not move back. I miss you; you could come work at Roselet's." In all honesty, I would get down on my knees and beg her to come back. She's the missing piece to my very lonely puzzle, seeing as it only consists of four pieces. Noah, Kinsley, Bill, and myself.

She scoffs. "No, I want to work at Rose Petals. Better money and more entertainment." I should've known. Her short brown curls bounce when she speaks, and her full brown eyes look a little brighter than usual with her face full of makeup. She is skinny and short, the opposite of me. Completely. Only thing we had in common was our sexual preferences.

"We could work it out. Anyway, I'm about to head in. I'll see you later?" I hum.

"Most definitely, I'll bring our clothes and meet you at Roselet's around close." She winks, kissing me on the cheek as she skips towards the bedroom.

Today I chose to wear something a bit sexier, a skin tight red dress. Short and bright, laces covering up the chest with an open back. The restaurant wasn't busy today, based on what I was told. Mondays are always slow, I wasn't expecting it to be busy. The night trudged on, and it was nine o'clock before I knew it. I decided to close early tonight, instead of eleven we'll close at ten. At nine o'clock the door opens, one of my regulars, Richard, walking in with a smile on his face. "I got the raise; I am now the assistant manager."

"Congratulations! Finally. Is Carrie excited?" I smile, making his usual drink. His wife is a sweetheart, well out of his league. She was a high school cheerleader, goes to church every Sunday, and she has a body most would die for.

"If your husband went from making $53,000 a year to $96,000, you would be excited," he chuckles. "We're taking a trip in two weeks to celebrate."

We talk for a few minutes before I went back to cleaning. The door opens again, and I turn around. It's Elias, and he's not alone. Another man walks in behind him, both dressed in black slacks and a black button up. He's just as attractive as Elias, but in a different manner. Elias gives off comforting vibes, where as this man is intimidating. "Mitch, hello beautiful," Elias smiles, sitting down with his friend following suit.

"Elias," I greet, blushing at the newfound compliment. I glance at his friend, his caramel complexion making his green eyes reflect so vibrantly.

"This is Mateo, my good friend and business partner. Mateo, Michelle," he introduces us. Mateo nods, a confident smile placed firmly on his lips. My eyes hold his for just a moment, appreciating his beauty. They really might be the most attractive men that have ever wondered into my bar.