Chapter Thirty Seven

Weeks have passed since I was brought home from the hospital. Everyone walks on eggshells around me. It was cute at first, sweet even. But now it's just annoying. Noah has stopped by a few times, bringing Rebecca once or twice. Flowers are scattered around my room. Carlos was released a few days ago. He had to undergo brain surgery, his recovery will be long but it seems all of his motor skills are intact. Mateo and Elias paid for his entire hospital stay and they've hired him an in house nurse, paying her much more than what she had asked for.

Besides occasional kisses, the boys have not touched me. They're afraid I'm going to break, but I'm not. I've had time to think, time to cope. My body has healed almost completely, the brown bruising no longer being present.

I walk down the steps, walking into the kitchen. Kinsley sits on Damien's lap, and the boys are sitting side by side going over some type of paperwork.

Elias glances up. "Good morning, beautiful." He greets me, smiling softly.

I ignore him, crawling onto his lap. He hesitates for a minute before wrapping his arms around my body. It feels good, bringing me peace just to be held again. "You okay?" He asks, and I almost roll my eyes.

"Yes, Elias." I grumble, sitting up and stealing a sip of his coffee.

"Where's my love? Shit ain't fair," Mateo pouts. I smile, leaning over and giving him a fat kiss.

"We're heading out, need anything Mitch?" Kinsley asks, grabbing her keys.

"No, I'm fine." I state. She blows me a kiss as her and Damien walk out the door.

I get off of Elias, moving to a chair across from them. They both watch my movements, and I cross my arms.

"I want to talk," I find the confidence to say.

They nod their head, encouraging me to go on.

"Since the hospital we haven't talked about what happened. I feel as if you two think I am broken, but I'm not."

"Mitch you went through a traumatic experience, we haven't talked about it so we don't bring any negative thoughts to you." Elias responds.

"You guys went through something traumatic too! One of you lost a baby." I exaggerate.

"For one love lets get something clear. We both lost a baby. Who the babies blood father was wouldn't have mattered. You are our woman, that baby was our child." Mateo leans forward. "And to be quite honest with you, I've never wanted kids. Not until she said you were pregnant," he pauses with an angry puff. "In that moment I wanted nothing more than to see you swollen with our baby." He sighs, rubbing his face before continuing. "Elias and I are different, I handle emotions internally and he handles them externally."

"But, we lost a child that we weren't expecting. It hurt, it still hurts baby but you and your body went through so much all in one night. You are our focus. And Mateo and I have talked, if you choose to stop taking your birth control we won't be against it." Elias speaks.

"I haven't taken it since that night," I shrug. I didn't feel the need to tell them yet because they don't even cuddle with me at night, I'm definitely not getting sex anytime soon. "But when it comes to the whole situation, yes I was scared. I was terrified. But it's a situation I've been in before." I shrug a bit. "The only thing that truly bothers me is the death of my innocent child, all because I stayed with that bitch a lot longer than I should have. He's dead now, I'm no longer fearful or angry. I'm sad, and that is all."

They listen intently. "It shouldn't be that way, though. If I could go back in time I would've dragged his death out for days. In the spare of the moment I wanted him dead that night." Mateo says, Elias nodding in agreement.