Chapter Fifty Seven

Xavion's POV

——-

We landed in California less than twenty four hours later. The sun is beaming, and irritation flows through me angrily. He's lucky he's Michelle's brother.

He keeps moaning and groaning over his injuries, grumbling on how Mateo is a bitch.

"Listen, you've got one more time to speak on Mateo or Elias and I'll push you in front of a moving car. I'll tell them it was an accident and all of this becomes that much easier." I spit out, smacking him upside his head.

We all walk into a hotel that Mateo got for us. We meet in the bedroom, seven of us standing around.

"His name is Dartan, he's the half brother of Lorenzo." Brandon begins, talking around his lisp from the lack of his front tooth. "He lives right here," Brandon pulls up the location on his gps. "He's stacked with men, a guard stands at every door. He has a lot of enemies, but he also has a lot of friends."

"Did you do what we told you too?" I ask.

He sighs, reluctantly nodding his head. "I sent the picture of his body, how in the hell did you get it to look so real?" He ponders.

Because it was real, back when Lorenzo shot him. A screenshot taken from the camera in the hallway.

I give him a glance to drop the subject and he does.

"He's expecting me tonight at nine, alone." He emphasizes.

"Not happening." Dale says. He comes to sit beside me, he's usually pretty quiet. "I'm coming with you."

"He'll know something is up if I bring along someone. He isn't dumb." Brandon debates.

"You can tell him you acquired help, that we're splitting the money and the contract." Dale's face hardens, not enjoying Brandon's back talk.

"With my face looking like this, and yours looking normal? Do you want me to die?"

"Kind of." I shrug. "But I made a promise to keep you alive, so here we are."

"You and Mateo got into a fight, and I shot him from behind. Simple shit, Brandon." Dale crosses his arms.

We spend the next few hours preparing, coming up with strategies. We place a wire on the both of them so we can have knowledge at all times, not risking any bullshit to go down. Dale also has a small camera in the button of his suit.

Mateo will kill me if this fucker get away.

We park a street over from Dartan's house, Dale and Brandon in a separate car. We watch through Dale's camera as they pull into the large house.

Brandon was right, four guards at the front door. All with guns way too big. They all stand up a bit straighter at the car they don't recognize, one of them stepping towards them.

"Who the hell are you?" He asks, gun pointed in the car.

Dale plays it smooth. "Woah! Just here to collect are money from a contract, that's all."

"And you are? We're told to be expecting Brandon, not Brandon and his bitch."

"If it weren't for me he wouldn't have gotten the job completed. Can we come in or would you like to continue our pillow talk out here?"

"Watch your mouth, bitch." He steps back. "I'll walk you in."

With that Brandon steps out the car, Dale following.

"Bastard got you good, huh?" The guard snickers at Brandon's beat up face.

Brandon grits, but doesn't respond. Smart boy. They walk into the building, one of our men sitting beside me taking note of every door and hallway way they walk down. Writing down how many guards stand where.