|| Chapter XIX ||

Word Count : 1855 words

________________________________________________________________________________

( Location : The (L/N) Family Mansion )
( Third Person POV )

"This is....."

Mount Lady gawked at the marvelous but broken down mansion that sprawled acres before her.

"This was the (L/N) Estate," Mirko said. "I heard it's under the Hero Association's name now. But from the looks of it, they haven't changed it one bit....."

It was true. The (L/N) Mansion looked like it was a castle out of a 1990's horror movie. The steel doorframe at the entrance of the domain was battered and precariously hanging of its hinges. The entire forest was now completely dead, only a few deciduous trees had survived. The massive fountain in the middle was smashed as well.

All in all, it looked exactly what it was meant to look like — an abandoned home from over 10 years ago.

"Let's go," Mirko said crisply, and they slowly entered the domain through the main gate.

"I think it's best to do this undercover," Hawks said thoughtfully. "You think this place is under surveillance by the Association?"

"What even is present in this run-down shack for it to possess 24/7 surveillance?" Mirko scoffed. "Besides, if it did possess surveillance, then it would be obvious that there is something that is hidden within the depths of this mansion."

"You make this sound like a scene straight out of an Indiana Jones movie," Hawks said, but Mirko paid no heed, and boldly walked into the garden before her.

"I don't think there'll be anything to see here," Mount Lady said. "If we actually find something, it'll be inside the mansion."

The sun was already setting down, and the red hue of the giant star cast an ominous glow on the mansion. Its broken glass panes looked more enticing than ever. Torn, bloodstained curtains flew with the wind.

"This place is..... scary....." Mount lady whispered silently, hoping nobody would hear her.

"Don't pussy out now, Mount Lady," Mirko smirked. "Or are you scared shitless, huh?"

"Don't act like you're not, Mirko," Mount Lady huffed, and the 2 females slowly entered the mansion, and Hawks followed.

Their eyes widened at the destruction that they saw.

Broken furniture, shattered glass windows, upturned and crashed vases, torn-down and bloody paintings — the place looked like it was completely out of a war zone. A broken chandelier lay in front. The main staircase extended out in front of them, with most of the steps either missing or broken. The hallways extended to their sides.

"Impossible," Mirko whispered. "It's almost like they left it as it was..... back when the massacre really happened."

Hawks was too stunned to speak, and he slowly regained his senses. He walked towards his left, to the long, dark corridor that threatened to swallow him if he were to take another step forward. Patches of blood were splattered all over the place, on the floor, walls and even the ceilings.