Chapter 2

Waking up the next morning, I start the process all over again

Waking up the next morning, I start the process all over again. Although, I did let the warriors take the morning off from training.

Last night Storm and I got into a heated discussion over it. That was something else, being in a fight with your wolf in your own head. Storm ended up winning and the warriors are off this morning with no training. I still think they should have had some form of training.

So for now, I am in the office going through paperwork. Now, I see why dad was always here early. There is so much to do, it seems never ending. Once I sign off on one document another ten pop up. I don't even hit refresh on the email anymore until I get most of the ones from the day before done.

Thankfully, I did change that aspect my parents done everything with pen and paper. I have fully transformed it all to online.

I just simply put the digital stamp of my signature on the emails, if I approve of them. It is an easier filing system than killing those lovely trees that I do enjoy running by. It was just time to get out of the dinasour stone age and into the world of technology.

I am smart enough though, Abbs and I have everything encrypted and backed on on multiple devices hidden throughout the Alpha floor.

My parents when they are home have a little cottage they prefer to stay in now. So, I officially have this floor to myself for the time being.

Alastair is still always close by, even mom and dad stepped down, he pledged himself to me. Although, Hailey loves to tend to the pak children down at the schools. So, Alastair will pop in daily and hang out.

I am about half way through the emails I have up and some have just been scraped, when Abbs walks in.

"I got more transfer applications for us to go over." Abbs bring the tablet over to the desk.

"I have them sorted to where they would fit in the pack, should you agree." Abbs finishes.

I nod my head. "Just sit it on the desk. I want to finish this last email. The new pack doctor sent the slips with all the numbers on it for what he needs approved to get for the medical wing." I tell her while I scan it.

There is so many words for things, that he says we need and I have no clue what any of it is. I shrug and simply add the signature name stamp. I want the hospital to be full of supplies, and if that is what he says is low and needs more of then so be it.

Rolling over to the end of the desk, I pick up the tablet. Abbs brings her chair over and we sift through the applications.

I very rarely turn down new members wanting to come in. Thanks to Storms help though we are able to tell if they are serious or just wasting my time. Something I am very proud of is that ability, just like mom has.

Storm and I are able to control all elements though, not just the fire like mom. Technically, I am considered uncharter territory with me being the first born after mom completed the legend.

Andrew and Adam though are the normal wolves, just like dad. Which even though they are twins, I have heard how much easier they was as kids than I was.

I didn't know at a young age what my abilities were and I ended up having a super early shift at the ripe age of five. So when ever I threw a tantrum, let's just say who knows what would happen.

Ever wanted snow in July? I can do that. Something I don't remember but have heard about it.

"Well, I will get these people gathered in the next few days to come in and see if they really fit." Abbs says, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"Sounds good, just make sure it is at least the day after tomorrow." I tell her.

We finish up the the rest of the papers. So just like I said before, email refresh now brings me right back up to over a hundred new ones to go through.

I would literally pull my hair out if Andrew wasn't tending to the treasury to help with some of the work side of things.

Shaking my head at the computer, I lock it and shut it down for the day. Anything that is majorly important will come through my phone or mind link.

I walk into my room and go to the closet. I kept the butterfly theme that mom wanted when I was a baby. It is a small part of myself I keep hidden, but I still to this day even at my age, I like the blue and black butterflies. They aren't childish, just very realistic looking.

It was a total remake with wallpaper in the Alpha suite. Made to look like the forest on one wall, with some butterflies flying around.

Just wanting something for myself, since nails are out of the question. They never stay on or painted for more than a few hours so there is no use.

If I can't get out in the forest to run, then I have it here in my room. A place of comfort and peace.

Changing out of the comfy type clothes, I put on the formal wear I have for the bonfire. Which is just a dark pair of jeans and nice top. Moving over to my vanity, I set out to apply very little makeup, preferring to go more natural. My long dark hair looks nice today after washing it, so I'm just going to let it hang down tonight.

Making my way out to the field to see many of my members are here already and the food on the tables. I march up to the wood stacked up, and clear my throat catching everyone attention.

"Dark River, I thank you for coming out tonight. I would like to thank everyone that is here tonight to discuss where you would liked to be placed with our pack as you have come of age. I hope everyone enjoys the night with spectacular food and good company." With the small opening speech done, I focus on the wood and watch as it takes flame.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

How is everyone liking Adira so far?

Adira has made changes to how some things work in upgrading technology.

Anyone taking early guesses how things may go?

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoy!