Chapter 34

It is now mid afternoon and I am about out of my mind with worry

It is now mid afternoon and I am about out of my mind with worry. I feel like my insides are just staying in a constant jittery mess. Storm has been pacing relentlessly, as well, just as concerned.

We have heard from the last two groups and they are making their way back. It was just a few minutes prior, they both contacted informing me they was on their way back. The only sad part is from their tones used, I can almost guarantee their search came up empty handed as well.

Sure being Alpha, I could have got the answers I needed to hear right then and there on the phone. However; that is not how I work and I know if they had found anything they wouldn't be on their way back, instead they would have been asking for back up and the exact location they are coming from.

"Darling, if you keep pacing in the exact same spot you're going to make a worn out path." Fredrick speaks up from the side of me, his voice is surprisingly softer than I have ever heard.

"I can't help it right now. We still have three pack members out there. This is another day they are not home where they belong, and we have absoubely no idea what shape they are in. No matter how many times I keep trying, I can't reach them through the mind link." I stop pacing and look at the floor.

Fredrick is quick to fill the same gap between us and wraps his arms around me. I nuzzle my face into his chest and let out a breath of air my lungs had been holding.

"We will do this together, now. I am here, sure I don't know how things work when it comes to pretty much everything but I am learning." He mumbles in my ear.

I don't take in a breath and hold it until my lungs burn for oxygen. I have never felt lost and now I do, it is a feeling I am learning to hate.

We need to push these feelings towards the issue. It could help us and our pack? Storm pipes up, stopping her pacing in my head.

It helps to calm me some, as my mind clears from the pacing Storm and I were doing. How the way people think while pacing is beyond me, because I feel like it just made my emotions stronger or worse.

"The first thing to do is start going over the spots that was searched. Everything came up empty, so they must have new spots. That is something they could have been doing in the small amount of time you have been here." My mind finally gets on the right path and thinking more like the Alpha I am.

"It is possible." Fredrick nods.

"How do the Followers usually think?" I ask him.

"That is a complex question." He sighs, rubbing his hand down his face.

"Followers try to seem like the silent type, but within their selves they talk like crazy. They almost seem to work as a unit, if one is hurt they all play or seem hurt too. So the anger that Vince had and I seen that day, means they all feel that way and now feel it towards me. Which is probably why they said what they did on the note." Fredrick looks over to the desk, where the note is laying.

"We could use that against them possibly?" I muse over this little information on them.

"How so?" Fredrick looks at me with interest.

Storm even seems to perk up, I can tell she is paying close attention to my mind set and thoughts.

"We could try and lure one away and hold as a prisioner. If we could find a way so that they couldn't use their magic to escape? Maybe we could get answers from the one we hold." I pause, trying to think over if ever said in the notes from my parents if there is a weakness for them.

"Magic is mainly pulled from the elements. Each and every Follower has different elements they use moreso. There is one way I know that they could be subdued, but your not going to be able to get them to talk." Fredrick adds in.

"What is the way?" I want to know anything and everything.

"So they are basically like witches and warlocks, just not as strong in a magic stand point. So, they are basically right at human, meaning it is easy to use common human medications to make them sleep." Fredrick explains.

I let it soak in what Fredrick just told me. All of that could definitely be used to our advantage, though, it is really just the how.

Then it hits me like running into a tree.

"If human drugs can affect them, then what if we dose with some specific medications that would put them into a state of unknowing? The one would not be asleep but would not be functioning enough either to use the magic." I ponder on my own thoughts.

"That would work. I am not used to human medications, so I wouldn't have known about that even being a possiblity. I only knew humans have things to make them sleep." Fredrick nods.

"We know the basics of most medicine, because we have two members that have human mates." I rush out, because I never thought it was a big deal, but now this little knowledge could help.

"Now, just to be able to capture one of the Followers." My fingers tap on the desk.

"I could do that, but I'd have to be shifted. I just need to figure out how to knock them out while in my shifted form, then I could just carry them and fly back." Fredrick volunteers.

"That would be easy to make one sleep, we have a gun that shoot tranquilizer darts. Just need to make one for a human body and not a wolf." I inform him.

"I want to help! I heard darts and gun, you know that is my area Adi." Abbs walks in smiling like she just won the big prize.

Abbs is the best shot in the pack when it comes to weapons, she is right there with Uncle Nathan honestly.

"We are going over how to capture a Follower. Fredrick can carry them back in his shifted form but he didn't know how to knock them out and I told them about the darts." I do the fast approach on getting her up to speed.

"Count me in." Abbs face tells me she is in Beta mode and ready.

I give her a nod of my head.

"Let's get Uncle Nathan up here and speak to the pack doctor to get the medication. Uncle Nathan can put it in the dart and have it ready for you." I look at Abbs, who is running out.

I know she is on her way to talk to Doc. Turning back to Fredrick, he wears a face that shows determination.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

New plan in motion! Now to find out where they still are.

Things will start rolling soon and to see if this new plan may work or not?