Chapter 45

True to her word, Adira sent the dead body back and a message attached to it

True to her word, Adira sent the dead body back and a message attached to it. By time everything was said and done we both crashed into bed early this morning, passing out from exhaustion.

Chase luckly slept through the entire night and Claire never said a thing about watching him for us while we had gone.

This morning he knocked on the door seems like as soon as the sun rose in the sky. Neither Adira or I complained, it was actually refreshing.

Which is why we are now sitting in the dining hall with other members eating breakfast. Adira has already explained to her parents on what happened, and all Tyler done was pat her on the back. It honestly scares me about how they are in some ways, in it comes to how they get revenge.

Shaking out of my thoughts, I hear Adira talking to Chase about how he may want to do his room up.

Stealing a glance at Chase, to see fresh tears in his eyes.

"I can do it how I want?" Chase asks, quietly.

"Of course, you got so many options on how to do it up. There is sports, animals, cars. Really the possbilities are endless buddy." I tell him, while I ruffle his hair.

"Can I do planets? Grandma showed me some while you were gone." Chase pipes up.

"We can do that easily." Adira smiles at him.

"Planets it is then." I smirk.

"Do I get to paint it?" Nathan asks.

"There wouldn't be anyone better to do it, Uncle Nathan." Adira chips back at him.

I watch as Nathan smiles at himself, and rushes to finish eating. I don't think I have ever seen someone eat that fast. He gets up a moment later, taking his plate with him.

"I am going to get started on that now. The room next to the Alpha suite?" Nathan asks.

Adira nods to his question, trying not to laugh at how happy her uncle is over paint.

"Can I go?" Chase asks.

"Once you finish your food." Adira smiles softly at him.

Chase is next to go quickly shoveling it in.

"Hey buddy, slow it down just a little. Don't want you to choke." I feel the need to say something to Chase, while trying not to laugh.

Chase barely slows down, before is he is wiping his mouth.

"Can I go now?" Chase bounces in his seat.

"Sure, sweetie you can go now." Adira chuckles.

Our boy moves so fast from his chair and bounds for the stairs. Leaving all of us at the table in a fit of laughter.

"He is fitting in well and it will be good for him to spend time with someone besides you two and Claire." Zeke laughs.

"I am just glad he is trusting and feeling content with everyone in the pack. Chase just has issues still if someone moves to fast unexpected around him." Adira calmly talks.

"Has anything came through so far about the dead body?" Alastair asks.

"It has been quiet, but it has only been about five hours since the body has been dropped off. I am sure we will hear something." Adira sighs.

"So the rogue said that the current plans is for the first moon of fall?" Tyler asks.

"The day before, yes. I have a feeling though they will change plans on that, even though in the note we left didn't give anything the Follower told us to be known." Adira answers.

"The first fight they were late on coming to start it. With the letter we had gotten and the everything pointing to them coming in on the full moon, but they came three days after." Claire speaks up, her face scrunched up like she is concentrating on the past.

"There is not much to do get ready. The traps are set have been for awhile now." Abigail adds.

"That is true. I just need some more training with you Mom. It would just help, because I don't use the abilities we have all that often. I want to be at my top level if need be." Adira looks over to Claire.

"I am game when you're ready. More dodge ball or going more intense?" Claire asks Adira.

"All of it, Mom." Adira nods.

My interest has peaked top notch, this is all definitely something I want to be able to watch.

"They would have to really up their game if they come earlier than the fall moon. It is in three weeks from today exactly." Alastair speaks up.

Adira stops and puts her fork down, forgetting about the bite she was fixing to take. She looks up and over to Alastair.

"It is isn't it?" She whispers.

"Going off the calendar, yes." Alastair nods.

"There is not much else we can do though. It will happen and soon. This is as ready as we are going to get. Just the sitting ducks is what gets me." Adira sighs, leaning back in the chair.

"For now, let's keep the training going as it has. Maybe not push as hard each day, just incase anything is to happen before the date we have." Adira says, looking over to Abigail.

Abigail nods at what Adira said.

"I will make sure the safe rooms are stocked as well." Claire adds in.

What?

"What are safe rooms?" I ask them.

"Oh, they are placed throughout the house. It is something I still have to show you and Chase. If an emergency or fight, it is for members who don't fight. There is enough throughout the house and large enough to fit pretty much every single pack member." Adira tells me.

My mouth drops open. "You're talking almost fifeteen hundred members that is branched out around pack."

"Yes, you have to take into account that over four hundred alone is warriors. So, they don't have a purpose for the safe rooms, unless they can't fight at that time for any reason." Adira shrugs, giving me a look like I am crazy.

These rooms are something that I definitely want to see, plus just more reason to spend time with Adira. Even though we are together pretty much all the time, it is like I just can't get enough of her.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Things are starting to get put into place. Now it should seem other than some fine details they are sitting ducks waiting.

Fredrick is learning more as the days pass that he still doesn't know. Quite a bit to learn and he has done a lot of it in the short amount of time.

Will the Followers strike when said or will the differ like they done in the past?