Chapter 18

Her lips on mine is the best feeling I have ever had

Never in my life have I kissed anyone. I have typically just screwed and went on. Nothing was ever intimate like this.

Since I walked into the kitchen earlier I could smell her arousal. Adira could finally smell me as her mate and I could tell it was affecting her, just like it has myself since I laid eyes on her.

Every since then all I could think about is her lips. After answering her question and her telling me what she would like me to do, I just had to have one taste.

Adira truly tastes like a vanilla honey, just as she smells to me. It is like a drug and now I don't want anything else.

Adira was tense at first, but has now started moving her lips on mine. I hold around her slender waist and deepen the kiss. Moving my hands down to her ass, they fit perfectly.

Adira pulls back from me. "We need to stop, now before it goes to far."

"Wait, are you?" I try to ask her if she is a virgin, but it won't come out.

"No. I have experience if that is where your going with this. I've had sexual encouters." Adira moves out of my arms.

A little feeling bubbles up in me at the little information, but I have no room to talk. I could still teach her some things I am sure of it.

Great! Now I need a cold shower, again. I have already had one.

"Tomorrow morning we will start the training. I don't want to push it off and wait. The warriors need to know everything that they can be taught. We don't have a date stamp on when these Followers could move in on my pack, and if you killed one of the main ones then." Adira moves to the desk while talking.

How can she act like she isn't even affected by the sexual tension between us?

I shake my head. to gather what she just said.

"Of course, what time would you like me to be down?" I ask her.

"Six. We will go over the moves we know and then you can show us how they may have changed. I figure that over the years with Followers still being around and not gone like we believed, they have learned forms of fighting without magic or even fighting using magic." Adira looks at the computer.

"That is true. They have learned to fight hand to hand with the help of magic." I nod my head.

"Great. Teach us what you know. Let's just hope that they don't come up with anything new since your here now." Adira grumbles.

"What is the form you guys use from the battle? If I may ask." I am curious.

I was never told how the fight happened just that Juilian died and Vince and his wife barely made it.

"Mom taught the warriors to be lighter on their feet, almost a dance style. The warriors were in groups to strike them down." Adira answers, without batting a eye lash.

I have started learning her little tells. Adira has three modes it should seem. Alpha where she is serious and fearless. Luna where her kinder compass side comes out. Then lastly the side she has with her family and ones close to her, where she seems so care free.

Adira stops looks at the computer to look at me.

"Look, I don't know where we will stand as mates right now. There is a lot to consider and I am still not sure how to feel after finding out what I have today." Adira opens herself up to me. I am now getting the Luna side, I think.

"I understand. I do apologize for what I had done with the first two emails and then what has happened after. Please know I honestly didn't know you was even my mate during the first one, I thought you was an older guy. I was set on something that I thought was true until I seen how things have been. I have been questioning myself moreso today then I ever have before." I open up to her.

"Well, I will take the apology. That is the hardest part for me, because I am torn on what to feel towards you. There is anger, pity, and longing all there together that spiral around you." Adira tells me.

"Anger is warranted, trust me I have been angry with myself. I will try to do everything I can for you and this pack, that is a promise. Just please don't pity me. I am a thirty year old man that just now learned the truth. There is no room for pity there. As for us being mates, I will go at your pace." I sigh sitting in a chair, in front of the desk.

"Although, that kiss. I don't want anyone other than you." Spills from my mouth.

I apparently have no filter.

"Okay, no pity." Adira seems to agree, ignoring my last remark.

"Just how did you do it then? Your thirty and held onto hate for so long not even having the facts." Adira asks.

I rub my hands down my face.

"I have little note books from Juilian. I left them behind at the house I had rented out about a twenty minute flight from here. In the journals, there was so much hate for this pack and the person from the legend. I thought at the time it was all warranted, but now I have seen the truth behind a mad man's words." Might as well be honest.

"Did it ever say how he taunted my mother? How he got people to turn their backs on my parents and become traitors? How he literally seemed to drag it out and hunt my mother down? He wanted the power she held, and our powers can't be given to anyone." Adira rambles, after it hit a nerve.

"It never spoke about that in the writings." I think back on it.

"Well, best thing to do is after the training I will tell you how it all happened. You deserve to know the cruelity he done to my parents and pack members." Adira's eyes glow a light emerald color.

Her wolf is at the surface. I can feel their power there and it has me panting like I am wolf and not griffin.

"I will learn and do whatever you need or want me to do." I look right into her eyes.

I watch as Adira's eyes go back to the lovely blue color and she takes in a deep breath.

"I have to go outside now. It is time to start the fire." Adira's voice is soft, as she stands.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Adira stopped the kiss before it got to far.

Seems as though Fredrick is starting to figure Adira out and learning the little signs on how his mate is. Could be good or could be bad?

I know it seems like Fredrick has been repeative in his promise, but it is warranted. Fredrick has to prove he is loyal to Adira.

How do you think he will show that he is sorry and will protect the pack with Adira?