Chapter 8

I walk back to the pack house, my mind is going faster than it ever has before

I walk back to the pack house, my mind is going faster than it ever has before. I finally start feeling like I can breath normal, and Storm is back to being quiet.

That is what bothers me the most. She has never acted like that, but she almost seemed to be a love sick, zooming happy pup. Storm is such a strong headed wolf. That is why I had my first shift at the age of five and not at puberty.

I remember that day, I started hearing her voice in my head. Storm was demanding we go for a run, because I was laying under the stars that night. One thing lead to another with us fighting in my own head and then I just shifted.

Every since that time, we have mainly worked together. Although, she has never been the happy, carefree wolf like she was earlier. Storm has only ever let her guard down on our runs through the forest and moreso when it is dark during runs.

I take a seat at the desk and wait for Abbs to save the information in the tablet on this Fred. Just saying his name in my head, makes Storm pant.

I shake my head and log into the computer. I keep refreshing the files until it pops in. Clicking it immediately, I pull up the little section on what he put in.

Reading over, I learn he is thirty.

He looks mighty fine for being that age. Storm hums, in the back of my head.

My mind takes a different track of hers. Why has he never thought to join a pack before now? If Fred is that old, he just now came to the conclusion he wants to join a pack. To me it is off.

I move over to another section and bring up the wolf data base, typing in his name and date of birth. I click results and see if it brings anything up.

The wait doesn't take long. I am stunned to find nothing on him. So he told the truth on not being in a pack before, and this must be his first stop, because any other packs would have logged this into the system.

Abbs. When Fred gets back to the border line, escort him to the packhouse. Show him to the quarters he will be staying in. I want him to stay within the pack house to where we both can keep an eye on him as well as the others can.  Which floor will be easiest? I link Abbs.

He could stay on the Beta floor? Zeke would help to watch him the closest. With him being my mate, it is part of the Beta's job and Zeke has no issues stepping in to help us. Have you told the others yet about this guy? Abbs links back immediately.

Dang it. I need to tell them. I send out a quick link to Andrew, Adam, Uncle Nathan, Jason, and Alastair. They will all be helpful in helping watch this guy.

I just sent them a mindlink that I need to talk to them in the office. Could you talk to Zeke with him being out there with you already? I ask Abbs.

I was just talking to him before you linked about helping us with watching him. So, I was one step ahead of you Adi. I hear Abbs giggle through our link.

She knows me so well. Although, I am not sure who to talk to with how this Fred guy is making me feel and Storm act.

Great, another issue for later I guess. Maybe I can grab Alastair and ask him, he has always been the wise one.

A knock on the door brings my attention to everyone I link shuffling into the office. I see Melissa and Aunt Layla has also came along, which is great because they need to be involved in all of this too.

"Take a seat guys." I smile at them.

I try to keep the hard Alpha role down and then for the Luna side of me it is a soft graceful look, but never one of my true smiles it seems like.  It is rare for pack members to hear me laugh or see my true smile, that tends to be reserved for family and the ones closest to me while I was growing up.

When he gets back and is in the pack house, make sure he is set up. Then invite him to dinner in the dining hall. I want to see how he does over dinner and how he may fit in. I link Abbs.

More like question the living daylights out of him Adi. Abbs links back.

That is very true on what I want to do. I just need to find out more on him. I can only hope Storm behaves, so that I can.

I shake my thoughts away for now and start talking to everyone in the office.

Once everything is explained to them, Uncle Nathan's mouth was wide open along with Andrew and Adam's.

"What?" I ask them. Clearly missing something.

"My niece has a crush." Uncle Nathan laughs.

I roll my eyes at his craziness.

"I do not." I huff.

"Sis, you do. It at least sounds like it, because you literally just described him to us. If I had recorded your face during that you could see for yourself how you get sparkling eyes." Adam tells me.

I let out a huff and fall back in my seat.

"I don't go for pack members. You know that Adam." I give him a look, but it doesn't seem to faze him one bit.

"I will go whip up an impressive meal then." Melissa smiles, rubbing her hands together. With Jason joining her, he was the best dad figure for Abbs growing up.

It doesn't take long before everyone is walking back out of the office.

Alastair seemed to know that I really wanted to talk to him, since he stayed behind.

"What is bothering you, dear?" He asks walking to sit in the chair across from the desk.

"Just how I reacted to this guy. Storm seemed to be a little puppy and zooming everywhere. She has never acted like that in my entire life." I tell him honestly.

"Just based off what you said earlier and now knowing how your wolf has acted." Alastair takes in a deep breath.

"This Fred? Seems like he is your mate." Alastair finishes.

"But, I don't smell him like everyone says a mate has a very special smell to them." I semi whine.

"Give it some time. I am sure it will all come together." Alastair gives me a light smile, before leaving the office.

This does not seem all the easy that everyone else talks about with mates.

What would even be the chances that my possible mate just happens to walk up to my pack?

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Adira is trying to find information on Fred or shall we say Fredrick..

Alastair is still the wise and one to give words that may need to be heard.

How will the dinner play out?