Chapter 20

I am at the training field earlier than everyone else

I am at the training field earlier than everyone else. I have done some stretches already, that way I am ready to go.

I have been up earlier enough to watch the sun rise and it was a beautiful picture this morning, with the small clouds in the sky it making different colors.

I turn my head when I hear the door open. My nose picks up the scent of my mate, before my eyes when land on him.

Another reason why I was up early. I have barely sleep because my mind would not stop going over everything about him. Not that Storm was much help either, she has already forgave and forgot everything it should seem.

Storm is ready to mark and finish the bond with our mate. Granted, yes, I want that too. I am just thinking more of the pack too.

Part of me is scared to jump off the deep end and let the mate bond take place and just happen. How would our titles even go? Will he even help and learn our ways? Will it make me weaker?

No. I won't let anything make me weaker. I can't, I have hundreds I have to care and watch out for. Everything I have ever done, it always involves how they will be affected.

"Good morning." Fredrick says, coming up close to me.

I try to keep my body from reacting, but let's face it I can't control very much around him. Thankfully, my shorts are a dark color so nothing can be seen.

By the look of his face, I know he can tell. I watch as he takes in deep breathes and smirks.

"Morning. Are you ready for today?" I try to keep my voice neutral.

"More than ready, even if it means me ending up on the ground." Fredrick laughs.

That laugh does something to me, as my stomach flutters.

"Okay, just get warmed up before everyone starts pouring out onto the field." I shake my head.

"Yes, Alpha." Fredrick says in a deep voice.

Can we just jump him now? You tease and his teasing. Just give a poor wolf what I want. I want my mate! Storm goes into small hysterics.

She is right though, it is only fair with the teasing. I done it first. Now, I am paying for it. Even if I do secertly love it, he isn't afraid to get on my level.

I smirk and move over some more, working on some leg stretches. Which causes my shorts to ride up just a tad.

"Good morning!" Abbs says, scaring the daylights out of me.

"Must you be so quiet?" I ask her.

"You are the one off in lala land." Abbs laughs, knowing very well how I am.

Before I respond to her, I see many warriors starting to come out to the field. In no time, the field is full of pack warriors of all ranges on where they are at in training.

I move to the front of the crowd.

"First let's shift and show exactly what we know when it comes to fighting Followers." I command.

A few minutes later, the warriors have shifted and standing in wolf form.

"Sweet baby, rabbits. That is more fur than I thought." Fredrick mumbles.

I smirk at him and start instructing the moves for them to do. I walk around the field and Fredrick follows in behind me. I can tell he is truly focusing on the warriors, and he is even nodding at what we know.

"This is the way my mother trained the warriors prior to the battle. I have added in the last sets of moves when I stepped up and took over." I tell Fredrick.

"They all have great form. I can see why so many parished in the battle because back then they didn't know fighting at all. Only magic. So the way the groups are doing set up the Followers for failure. You have the few dancing around to distract, while the other goes in for the kill. It is very smart, actually." Fredrick breaks it down and it leaves me a little shocked.

"So, what is here that can be worked on?" I ask him.

"From your perspectives of course, you have seen and know how they have changed where we only know from the last time." I add in.

"I would keep the grouping you are doing. The Followers have learned more defensive magic from the battle. Which means, they will fight more instead of chanting as much. I know they were capable of high speeds running, they can move themselves in a blink of an eye now, and they will not ony use weapons but also anything around them as a weapon. They have gotten stronger on the magic side. They see a tree, well the branches just became a use for spears if they run out of ammo." Fredrick talks, watching the warriors.

"So faster going in for the kill? Not so much of the dancing around and more wolf like." I muse over what he told me.

"Basically, it would strike them off guard. They remember how the fighting was years ago, so they believe that is how you fight all the time. Striking low and fast is going to be the best bet." Fredrick turns to look at me with a grimace.

"I am sorry. I don't mean to sound so, how do you say it. Demoralizing." Fredrick sighs.

"You're not being like that. I asked you to do this and that is exactly what I am getting. I love getting what I ask for. There is nothing wrong, trust me. We will work with the warriors and step it up to par to get everyone where they need to be for it is comes down to another battle. I want as little causalities as possible, so we will work with being faster." I tell him honestly.

The way he is looking at me, I can feel something snap into place. It is like our bond is getting stronger, but he is also helping my pack. He is showing he can be trusted and that he wants to help. He is sharing all this information with me that I didn't know before.

"Alright now, I know how to take a griffin down as Mom has taught us that. I would like for you to show the warriors that was not at the battle to see exactly what you look like shifted." I tell Fredrick.

"A little lesson. Or are you just trying to see me without clothes on?" Fredrick teases.

"A lesson." I try to sound normal.

On the inside, I am burning hot for this man. It will be my little secret wanting to see what he looks like under those clothes.

Yes please! Storm licks her lips, piping up to watch.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Training seems to be going well.

Has Fredrick started to grow in anyone in this short time of him knowing the Truth?