Chapter 12

No sooner than I heard the explosion, I started seething

Granted whatever came through her phone, possibly the email, saved me from having to answer her question with yet another lie. If I could have came up with a lie that strong, but something was eating at me to be honest with her.

Hell, that is why the answers she has got are the shortest verisons of the truth.

The mate bond is a powerful thing. It is something I never thought as a griffin I would ever experience. It has changed the plans so much for what I originally had planned.

This tells me though, her first name is Adira and last name Elliot. The biggest piece of information and yet, the hardest. Now how am I going to get them back for killing my father. I cannot harm my mate, and if I was to get my revenge on her parents, I'm guessing, that would in turn harm her still.

This changes everything! Now my mind is on Vince, he will regret what he done.

I follow Adira to the fields, but she shifts and takes off. Zeke runs up to me and has me follow him to the others standing on the field.

I watch as everyone's eyes glaze over.

"There is a pack meeting here in twenty." Zeke's voice comes out serious.

I nod my head and move to the back of the group.

Everyone starts coming out and I let myself seeming to get lost in the crowd. I want to hear and see everyone's reaction. Then I am going to find a way to sneak off and go after Vince.

That package was a last thing and he knew that. I bet the email he sent wasn't even the one I had made up for today.  That package was to signal right before we attacked.

I haven't even been on this pack's land for a week. I don't have anything I wanted to know, really.

Now, I am doubting everything I have ever wanted. I wanted revenge for my father, because it was the only parent I ever remember. The Followers told me everything, repeatively, growing up.

Seeing this pack now since being here, I have started to doubt everything I have been taught. They don't seem like the power hungry type I always heard about. Just the short time being here, I can clearly see that.

Sure I have let it slip my mind could it be due to my mate being here, but that is not it either. I have not seen one thing that shows this packs wants power to control every supernatural out there.

I listen as Adira stands tall in front of her pack. Everyone loses it when she tells them the scent.

Now, I know it was Vince for a fact. He is the only one that still uses the herbs to hide his scent, and rosemary always stands out the most. His mixutre is the old dated one.

Most of the Followers still use the herbs. Where I changed the mixture, they never did and that is the one thing they always fought with me on. The Followers would never change the mixture to help enhance it.

With the choas on the field, I am able to slip at the back of the crowd unseen. I make a straight run for the forest behind us. I know I will have to do a round about because it is the East side.

I made it past the borderline and not a single warrior is here standing guard. They are all at the meeting, I guess.

I go a little further out, I take the clothes off and shift into my griffin. I fly low to the ground and I make it to the house that we are renting.

I drop to the ground, shifting back and throwing the clothes on.

I storm into the house and Vince is sitting there and looks up, like he has been waiting on me to show up.

"What the hell was that?" I yell at him.

"I am just doing what needs to be done." Vince answers ever so calmly.

"That is not what I told you to do! Give me the computer." I hold my hand out.

Vince only smirks and hands over the computer.

I pull it up and sure enough see the email sent is not what I had wanted to be sent.

"You said you would do as you was told. This is not what I had ready and definitely not the timing. That was meant to be used right before we attacked." My yells never ending.

"I am moving up the timeline. You want to ruffle their furs. This is how." Vince answers, digging his own grave.

I slam the computer down letting it go into pieces. I move faster than he was expecting, holding him by the throat pinned to the wall.

"You are supposed to follow me and do exactly as I say. Juilian would have never stood for this." I snarl in his face.

"You are nothing like your father. We raised you and beat it into you on how to act and do." Vince struggles to breath.

"Not even a full day on that packs lands and you are already falling apart with everything." Vince keeps going.

"I have been gathering information." I punch the wall next to him with my free hand.

"Fredrick, I got one message from you. Only one. You need to understand the Followers are tired of waiting. It took you years since you became eighteen to finally narrow it down and I have left little hints to you this entire time. I knew where the pack was, but you just had to do it yourself. I have told the Followers differently than what you have been wanting them to know." Vince smirks.

"What have you told them?" I release his throat. Taking a step back.

"Just that you are officially in the pack, so now we got someone on the inside. Every Follower is making plans to be on their way in as soon as they can be here. Some families may take a few weeks, but they are all coming in to see this pack fall." Vince gives an evil grin.

"The plan was to only take down the ones that killed my father. Not the entire pack." I give him a stern look.

Our fighting caused his wife to stumble into the room.

"Plans have changed and us Followers are taking over. We deserve to use our magic how we see fit and that pack is at fault for our numbers being down. I am the only one that knows exactly how many Followers there are now. So you can either get behind me and let me lead this as I see fit, like it should have always been or you can get out of my way." Vince finishes.

His words brings something out in me. I snap.

Before I know it Vince is laying dead on the floor. His wife screaming at the angle Vince's neck currently is, barely hanging onto his body.

I walk out of the house. I have to tell Adira everything now, there is no other way. I have been framed my entire life.

It is not the wolves that are power hungry, it was my father and these Followers.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Who was expecting this turn of events in this chapter?

Fredrick is starting to rethink everything as he is finally seeing the lies he has always heard.

How will Adira handle this when he tells her the truth? Will he get the chance too that is?