Chapter 42

The walk is deafing at how quiet we are all moving

The walk is deafing at how quiet we are all moving. Storm is on guard watching closely to everything going on around us.

The feeling never comes to my stomach telling me there is anything around that wills magic from the Followers.

Why did they have magic shields up close to the house, but not out here? Storm questions.

That is a good point she holds. It doesn't make any sense.

Fredrick must have caught onto Storm and I talking, as he tilts his head at me. I give a small shake of my head.

We all continue on our march to the willow tree that is randomly out in the middle of no where.

Slowly the tree comes into view from where we are standing. It is a single tree out in the open of a small clearing.

Fredrick has the funniest look on his face, showing his confusion.

Take it you didn't know this was here? I link him.

Fredrick shakes his head.

It's time to shift. I link everyone together.

We all shift in a instant. I watch as Dad and Alastair both move up next to Fredrick and I. Alastair still to this day stuns me with the beauty his wild form holds.

The warriors flank out to where we make a line. It is one of the best options to do in this scenario, at least until we know how this will play out. If we stay combined in a group then to many could be lost at one time if something goes south.

Storm is with me keeping watch, as we take our first step out in the open. The others follow suit a step behind me, but Fredrick stays in step with me with his hulking form. His wings are staying back and close to his body, but his lavendar eyes sweep the area.

I have not caught a whiff of a Follower yet, and I haven't felt their magic either.

This is seeming to be to easy.

No sooner as the thought passes through my mind, Followers start pouring out of the willow.

What the literally hell? The tree hid their scents and magic.

The Followers point weapons at us. Their bow and arrows are aimed for us.

We start to make a run for them, planning to strike hard and fast. With our movements the Followers release their arrows. I watch as the main part seems to be focused on Fredrick and I. Storm steps up and focuses on our abilites, within a second later the arrows have changed directions and no longer going for any of us and our pack members.

I let out a loud growl, making the ground shake under our paws. Storm is just as furious adding to the growl.

Within a second later our teeth is sinking into the closest Follower, listening as he falls to the ground screaming.

I don't waste to much time on one Follower before we keep moving through them. They can have the slowest deaths possible for taking my members.

Flashes of the scars on Chase's body fuels me further, in my rage.

We make it under the willow within just a minute. Spotting a door, Alastair shifts into his human form and opens the door.

I leap down into the hole and comes face to face with another five Followers. The state I am in, I don't give them a chance to react before Storm and I set them on fire. Something about hearing their painful cries fills us with a sickening relief.

I am done playing games with these people. They were a pest to my parents and now they have came back to once again be a nuiscance.

Anyone that can kidnap members from a pack and abuse children, making them do their dirty work I have no remorse for.

Fredrick is right behind me, having shifted back to fit in through the door. He is quick to snap the locks on the cells holding our members.

Dave, Mike, and Travis are all hanging against the walls wih silver chains wrapped around them. That is why they couldn't link, silver is the one of the few things that stops our wild forms from getting out, making us essentially human.

Fredrick is quick to undo the chains on each member. Dad comes in and helps Dave in moving from the cell. Alastair takes Mike, while Fredrick helps Travis. I move out of the cells first, watching behind me as them help the members move.

All three members are weak based off how they are moving slow.

We make it out and the warriors are surrounding us in a circle.

Fredrick helps Travis to the ground.

"I am going to shift back. The three of you lay over my back and I can get them to the pack." Fredrick tells us, using some of the command he has started gaining from being my mate.

A strong sense of pride rises in me how Fredrick is with our pack.

Dad and Alastair get the members laid over Fredricks back, watching for his wings.

We all start making our way back from underneath the willow tree.

On the walk back towards the woods, I notice one of the Followers is still alive. He is trying not to move on the ground, but the pain he must be in from the bite I notice on his abdomen makes it hard for him to act dead.

Looks like we still get to have our one for questioning after all. Storm snarls.

I don't bother asking a warrior to grab him, instead Storm and I lean over taking his leg in our mouth. Our teeth graze his skin through his clothes. The Follower lets out a painful yell, making us clamp down a little harder. He doesn't try to even fight us, having lost enough blood to be to weak.

We drag him next to us by his leg, the entire walk back to our pack. At some point, the Follower passes out from the pain alone.

This is going to be fun getting answers from him. I will let Doc patch him up just enough to keep his patheic butt alive but no farther.

I will never say something is easy again though, because no sooner than I said that the fighting broke out. Storm makes us snort with that thought, agreeing with me.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

They finally have their taken members back with them!

Not to mention Adira has one to try and get more in detail answers from!

Now to see where it goes next and when the main event could take place?