Chapter 27

Dinner goes on in a similiar fashion

Dinner goes on in a similiar fashion. Uncle Nathan, Dad, and Alastair was talking while cracking jokes. At least none of them were really pointed to Fredrick or me, after Mom made them lay off.

I was just being quiet listening to everyone talk and Fredrick seemed doing the same, but he kept a hand on my leg the entire time. I am the same though just needing his touch. Everything seems to be going smoothly and I am excited that Dad is the one to be bring Fredrick into the pack.

"When can I be expecting some grandbabies then?" Mom asks.

Dad and Fredrick, both choke on their bite of food. My eyes bulge out and just about spit the water out I had just took a drink of.

"No Mama, not for a while. I am no where near ready for a baby." I wave my hand out in front of me.

"I thought the same with you sweetheart, but our wolves have other plans." Mom smiles.

"Storm better not dare." I whisper.

"She is quiet though right? Azure was the same when I would say that, we argued over it once and then she was just quiet. So, be mindful." Mom laughs.

"I think it is time to bring you into the pack Fredrick." Dad is quick to jump in and change the conversation.

"I am more than ready." Fredrick coughs, forcing a laugh back.

Thank the moon he didn't spill his seeds in me, because it just hit me too. I am not even protected! How can I be so careless?

That is definitely a talk to have with Fredrick and soon about if we should find something to protect us.

We all take our plates to the sink, rinsing them out, and loading the dishwasher up. The entire group huddles together going up the stairs, and straight into the office.

"Still not changed anything, baby girl." Dad breathes in the office.

"Other than my moon figure Mama got me, nope. I like it how everything is placed." I shrug.

I watch as the whole family takes seats around the office. Abbs, Zeke, Melissa, and Jason all join just a second later. Andrew and Adam both are standing against the wall, along with Uncle Nathan and Alastair. While Mom and Aunt Layla sit in a chair.

Dad brings out the small blade and he begins the words to bringing in a new pack member. It doesn't last ten minutes before Fredrick is repeating a few words and the pack bond is sealed with him.

I walk over to him taking his hand in mine and smiling at him softly.

Dad's eyes glaze over and Fredrick's does along with him just a split second later. It only last for a few minutes and then Fredrick blinks his eyes, looking down at me.

"Pack link works then?" I ask lightly.

"It works, alright. Tyler is just letting me know what will happen if I hurt you." Fredrick tries to grin but it doesn't work at all, as it looks more like a grimace.

"Welcome to the pack." Rings out from everyone in the room.

It makes me smile bigger, these people in the room is my family, blood or not.

"Why don't you show me the taunting emails? I would like to just see them in person and not told about it over the phone. I know you are more than capable as Alpha now, but I just want to see them." Dad asks.

I move over and hand him my phone once I pulled it up. Dad is reading through when he hands the phone to Mom for her to read them.

"The first two is from you right?" Dad looks over to a guilty looking Fredrick.

"Yes, not something I am proud of and would take back if I could now knowing the actual truth on the entire matter." Fredrick sighs, running a hand through his hair.

"It only matters that you know now and are doing the right thing. None of this surprises me that you didn't know the truth on the matter, with who raised you." Mom speaks up, with her wise wisdom.

"If I would have known sooner, maybe the warriors would still be here. I should have seen it all sooner." Fredrick blames himself.

"The what ifs will eat you alive, so stop that. Focus on what you can do now, and you have. You have told Adira how they have changed since Tyler and I fought them. That help is golden when it comes to battle and tactics." Mom's scolding even makes me flinch some, having been on the receiving side of it a couple of times.

My phone dings and Mom hands it over.

"It's another one of those emails, from the same address." I tell everyone.

"Open it." Dad says, moving over closer to me.

How many lost? How many more will go? One of ours is dead and now we want the blood. Be ready on the next Equinox. Alpha Elliot.

I read it out for everyone else to hear. Many growls cut through the office.

"It tells us when to be ready." Andrew speaks up.

"If it is truly the date. Are they stupid enough to do what the email says? Is the main question. " Uncle Nathan chimes in.

"Tyler it should seem our trips need to be cancelled." Mom walks up to Dad, who is nodding his head.

"I thought you two were letting me do this?" I am still fuming over the email. This though makes me feel like a pup that can't handle the pack on her own.

"Baby girl, we won't do anything. I promise, okay. Your Mom and I will stay in our cabin on the edge of the pack. I would like to get into more training again. You won't know we are here, but when it comes time to fight we will be here to help because this will always be our home and pack." Dad's words douse the fire out of me.

"In the coming days, you and I can even get together with finding some time. We could become a unit together in fighting something that will benefit both of us and our wolves. Sweetheart, I didn't mean for it to sound like we are taking over, but I do just want to be home too. We have travelled for several years now." Mom brushes her hand over my cheek.

I nod my head and hug them both. The office clears out not long after we all agree to discuss new tactics early in the morning along with how to train.

Fredrick looms over me and has already started learning.

"I think I am ready for bed." I look to him, and he frowns immediately.

"I will see you in the morning, darling." Fredrick kisses my head, moving for the stairway.

"Where do you think you're going? We are mated now, and the Alpha pair sleeps in the Alpha suite. You're belongings have already been moved into the closet next to mine." I smirk at him.

Fredrick smiles right away and kisses my lips. "Let's go to bed my butterfly." He whispers on my lips.

That simple name, melts me and I am ready to sleep next to this sexy mate of mine.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Fredrick is officially in the pack and learning the ways of being Alpha even if not a wolf himself.

Who was expecting the little surprise of yet again, another email?

What will become of it?