Chapter 10

Dinner last night was an interesting event to say the least

Dinner last night was an interesting event to say the least. My mate who is the Alpha has a way with words.

You could see the thoughts going through her head and the way she worded each question. Adira definitely was wanting more information than I am willing to give.

One point during the conversation, I had to stop myself and I still ended up giving away to much information. She knew just how to get under my skin and how to play me.

Damn, I let my emotions play a roll in the dinner and talking. All to which she knew due to the glint in her eyes. Then to just spin the conversation around to what my place within her pack may be.

No wonder she is the Alpha, but I still need to get in touch with Elliot.

Being up the room that I know is not even sound proof on the Beta floor. I smirk looking around the room, as I quickly dress after putting on the herb mixture to hide my scent. I raise my head up to smirk at the ceiling because I know the floor directly above me is holding my mate.

Wonder if she is ready for this morning? 

I am still a little dumbfounded that my mate is the Alpha of this pack. I have only caught her name, so I can't assume if it is her first or last name though. Based off her looks, she is not older than I am.

Although, I want to know her relationship to this Alpha Elliot. Does my emails go to Adira? If so then that is to tell me she is more than likely Elliot's daughter. I just want the ones that ended my father.

So far, this pack does not offer much if the use last names or first names clearly. That makes it all the harder for me in getting the information I am after. Why must wolves be so friendly?

Walking over to the bag that hold the items I brought, I pull my phone out. I am quick to unlock it and send a message to Vince, the Follower that finished raising me after my father was murdered.

I have to be at the training field in ten minutes, so the best thing to do is make sure Vince is ready to send that email to Alpha Elliot while I am out training. That way it is a trick by me being at training, just helps to show my face and have people see me without a device. I already had the email prepared.

Vince is quick to reply to my message stating he has the computer I left him and all the information needed to get on it. I smirk, very good.

I check to make sure the phone is on silent, I slide it into some of the clothing in the bag once more. I make a easy exit of the room, and come face to face with Zeke. He seems like a cheery body.

"Hope you slept well." Zeke talks.

"Yes, thank you. Nothing like an actual bed." I try to sound sincere.

This playing is going to be the death of me. Maybe this was not the way to go. I though it would be the easiest way to gather information and strike, but turns out to be even harder than I would have thought.

I follow Zeke down the stairs and out to the field. Wolves are already out and about going at the exercises.

Vanilla and honey wafts past me. I turn my head the same time I felt the wind brush past me.

"Not to quick on your toes." My mate chides.

"Maybe it's because of the crazy training hours, no coffee." I joke.

I joke! What in the hell is wrong with me?

"That will need work. Join the group and start the warm ups." Adira says, unphased by me.

I walk over to everyone and move to get behind some of them. I want a good point to where I can do this exercise bull and keep an eye out for anything.

The training they call it so far has been in human form and I am honestly bored. None of this junk is any different than I have been doing my whole life, and for training they aren't even going in for an injuries. I easily block and dodge the punches and kicks thrown my way.

I have seen how Adira keeps watching me.

"Fred." My voice shorter name gets called out by Beta Abigail.

I turn and jog over to her. Right when I get up to her, she goes to talking.

"Alpha Adira wishes to speak to you. The next form of training is in wolf form, being that you are a rogue still it is believed not to be the wise idea to have you shift today. Our wolf forms will not be capable of knowing that you don't mean any true harm with just simple training." Beta Abigail tells me.

My chest lets up some relief. I never thought about what I would do if they expect me to shift for the training in their wolves. That is just great, at some point they may want me to and the only damn problem is that I don't have a wolf.

I nod my head to the Beta and walk over to Adira.

"Follow me." Adira says those two words to me only.

I follow her and she walks out towards the woodline.

"You're a man of few words. Abbs has suggested it is due to you only knowing the way of rogue life." Adira finally speaks up once we are in the woods and away from hearing ears.

I have to put the brakes on as she spins on me.

Adira looks me up and down once again.

"Do you feel anything for me?" Her words come out the softest I have ever heard from anyone talk before.

"Yes." I answer her honestly. Shocking myself how soft I even sound answering.

I want to see if she feels the mate pull or not.

"I do towards you, but it doesn't make sense. It feels like your my mate. I can't smell you though, to me you smell like any other wolf, but only the smell of rogue added." I hear Adira mumble.

That is a hit to my gut. I never thought this would affect me so harshly, hearing her almost doubt the bond.

"Care to explain why I can't smell your my mate?" Adira asks a little more sternly, gaining focus.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Adira has found a way to talk to Fredrick!

How will this go? Will Adira get her answers?

What will the next email hold?