Chapter 48

The field is full of many bodies of the dead Followers

The field is full of many bodies of the dead Followers. I know they were these childrens parents, but they came here willing and done all of this out of hate.

A rusty smell fills the air from all the blood that has been spilled here within a short time.

Normally, getting to the other side of the field with where the children are hiding would not take but a few short minutes. Trying to dodge the dead bodies is making this walk much longer. Sure, could just step on them but what is the point they are dead besides don't want to fall over the pathetic corpses either.

"Abbs we need to round up all the weapons they used here today. The weapons can be placed in the storage area until we can go through them and inspect it all." I tell Abbs.

"I will make sure to get on that as soon as the children are seen." Abbs nods.

Spotting the warrior that is standing sideways of the field and forest. I know we are here.

Stepping up, I point into the forest and the warrior nods. Getting a slight bit closer, I see an incredibly young child hanging onto the warriors arm. I give him a warm smile and the warrior looks down at the child, a look of love already in his eye.

"It should seem our warrior is now a proud father." I say softly.

"Hi, sweetie. We won't hurt you. You're safe here." I gently coo at the small child.

Who in their right mind would bring a child that looks to maybe around the age of six to the battle. A hate and disgusting feel takes root in the pit of my stomach.

Look over to Fredrick, he has a sad look in his eyes as well.

Taking a step farther into the forest, the sound of shuffling hits my ears. There is many small gasps that are let out.

"I won't hurt any of you. I promise that you're all safe now. No one will ever hurt you again while you are here." I try to sound as gently as I can with the feelings that are swirling in me.

One by one children come out from the over grown shrubs, behind trees, and behind the ones taller than them.

A small whine escapes me seeing all their sweet faces.

There is so many of them. Storm whines in my head.

It should seem we may have more than twenty-five children here.

Mom walks through the tall grass, standing next to me. This causes the children to cower down.

They truly are afraid.

"None of the people here will harm any of you. Children are a precious gift to us. You each will be welcomed into our home." I gently talk to them all at once.

"But we have been told wolves can't be trusted. That your only out for your own kind." A girl says, looking to be in her teens holds onto many other smaller children.

"That is not true dear, we look after anyone who doesn't mean harm. Why don't you all follow us to the pack house?" I ask them gently.

Several of the smaller children shake where they stand.

"I promise, you are safe." I tell them all with a soft tone.

This is going to take baby steps literally, with them. It is clear they are all scared and it is understandable if they have heard nothing but bad things about my species.

Storm starts to bristol.

Settle. Please, Storm. These children need comfort and soft touches. I can't give them that if we get worked up. I try and plead with my wolf.

I feel as Storm starts to relax and it helps to ease me.

"When we go out into the open field, you should each hold each others hands. Keep heads down or closed eyes." Mom softly talks, that mothering voice I have heard so many times in my life.

I watch as the children line up and take each others hands. It spreads a small smile across my face. The mothering touch at work.

The warrior holds tight to the child that was holding his hand, but is now in his arms and face burrowed into his chest.

The children start walking and a small whine catches my attention. I turn to see Abbs with tears in her eyes, staring at a little girl that is in one of the teens arms.

"Go ahead Abbs." I gently nudge her towards the child.

I have never seen my friend and Beta melt at the sight of a child, but this little girl must be the one that Abbs and her wolf attaches too.

"Zeke would be so mad. I am scared to have one biologically but yet, I bring a child home." Abbs whispers.

"He would be ecstatic. Zeke has been wanting to be a father for a good couple of years now." I put my hand on Abbs shoulder.

Abbs just stares at the little girl and walks up slowly to the teen.

"May I hold you?" Abbs asks, softly.

The small girl waste no time jumping into Abbs arms. "Mine." Abbs, hums in happiness.

I look up to Fredrick and he is smiling so large his face may break. My heart is right there with him though. This is what the children need, stable homes and love from people that will be their true parents.

"I will make sure they are in the dining room and getting them feed. After that we will make sure they get a nice bath and clean clothes." Mom tells me as Abbs and the warrior leads the kids to the pack house.

"I would be thankful for your help Mom. I think it is time to see our son." I take Fredrick's hand and we walk behind the children to the pack house.

We get the children into the dining room and it seems like pack members are coming in left and right. Many of their wolves speaking to them and claiming a child. Within just ten minutes time every child has a family.

It will take time and I know the wolves the children went with will give all the care in the world needed. The ones that are siblings are even getting to stay together and the wolves that took them in never had children of their own.

It may have been rough earlier today but now after the children finding their new homes everything seems to be easier.

Chase runs in and I wrap my arms around him, with Fredrick by my side. This is what I needed my small family.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Some sweet moments through this chapter.

Many of the wolf families have new additions and opened with welcoming arms.

Where do they all go from here?