Chapter 31

"I wouldn't touch anything just yet

"I wouldn't touch anything just yet." Fredrick tells everyone.

I look over and he is hunched down looking at one of the random pieces on the ground.

"What do you think this is?" I ask him, moving closer to him.

I bend down to where he is.

"See this right here." Fredrick points and it looks like some creepy doll symbol on the ground.

"That is used for spells. It helps move objects." Fredrick informs me since I had no earthly idea.

"The only thing that looks to be moved is the guards. They are missing." Dad says hunching down.

"Looking over all the pieces and symbols, it seems like they may have used a spell to knock out the guards and took them." Fredrick starts breathing heavy, with how mad he is getting.

I put my hand on his shoulder.

"I am just as mad, but if we don't control the anger and channel it, then our members will be harmed." I tell him how I work through it.

Fredrick takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly. Sending me a quick 'thank you' mind link, I nod at him and we both get up from looking at the symbol.

Mom comes up with Andrew and Adam.

"It is clear that Followers took our three guards here. How many would it take though?" I ask.

"The amount of magic used to where it would be undetected, could mean we are looking at a maximum of eight together." Fredrick thinks over.

"I can agree with Fredrick on this scale." Mom pipes up.

"What is the first step in trying to track them down? They didn't leave a scent behind other than right here in this area." Andrew asks.

"How many houses are close to here?" Fredrick asks.

"The closest is the human town there is some right on the out parts of the town." Dad chimes in.

"So where I had rented one out before." Fredrick seems to be thinking, and I may know where his mind is going.

"Do you think they would have been stupid enough to take them there?" I ask him.

"It is possible. Unless they know more about the area than they ever let on." Fredrick nods.

"What if they know about the small cells placed or made here and there by rogues that used to run the area around our pack?" Mom asks.

I never even thought about those.

"That makes sense. They would know because Saul and Juilian, with how both controlled so many rogues. They could've been the ones to have them made. We just learned about them after Adira was born." Dad nods, looking deep in thought.