Chapter 47

Fredrick is quick to shift, shredding his clothes

Fredrick is quick to shift, shredding his clothes. He lets out a loud squawking noise but keeps his wings in.

"Get Chase to the house!" I yell at him.

The sound of gunfire and explosions sounds off all around us, making it hard to hear anything else.

I pull Chase behind me for two steps to where Fredrick is.

"Get on his back. Dad will take you to the front of the house, I will make sure Melissa is there to take you to safety. Listen to her and don't come out, no matter what you hear." I quickly rush out to Chase, as I am helping him get onto Fredrick's back.

"GO!" I yell to Fredrick, with Chase seated on his back.

Fredrick is quick to open his wings, giving me a small side glance and takes off.

I need you at the front door. Fredrick is bringing Chase there. Please get him to a safe room. I link Melissa in haste.

I will watch him. You stay safe! Melissa links back.

Abbs, Dad, Mom, Uncle Nathan, and Alastair are quick to surround me. I shift a moment later and stand with them.

I try to assess the fighting going on around me, but it is scattered out everywhere.

The sound of bullets, fly past me and thankfully don't hit any targets. The Followers have not been able to gain any ground and close us in, so it seems they are aimlessly firing their rounds.

Do not harm any young teens or children that may come! I send a mass link out to everyone for their orders.

If need be we can easily knock them out to where they will sleep. That is as a last resort only. I truly don't want to or have it in me to have one child hurt. I don't care if they are in their teen years, they are still children.

I stalk around closer to the pack house, not wanting any of them to get to close. Abbs follows right on my trail.

Our warriors are holding their ground and bodies are starting to litter the ground. I let out a small breath making sure it is none of my members. Thankfully with the time of day it is, most of my people was inside.

Off to my right, a group of Followers are stalking right for the house. I let out a loud growl and run right for them. My anger becoming ten fold.

It only takes a few steps, before my teeth is sinking into the flesh of the closest Follower. He lets out a scream, and starts hitting me with his fist.

My teeth sink further down into the skin, tasting the metallic blood that is pouring around the bite. My anger with him is in large supply and him hitting us is not helping. Storm lets out another growl, as we pull and tug on his arm.

The gun he was holding in the arm I currently have, finally fell to the ground. I release his arm and go straight for his throat.

My mouth wraps around his throat and I am quick to pull harsh, ending his life then and there.

An arrow flies right for me once the guy I killed body drops to the ground. Storm is enraged and so am I, we end up making the arrow dust with the fire ability.

I am tired of games. These people are on my land and it is time to end this ridiculous game they are playing. There is no point to any of this, but for the fact years ago their poor little feelings got hurt all because they couldn't kill Mom.

I take off in a dead run towards the one repsonsible for shooting the arrow. With my target in sight, Storm lets out a ground shaking growl.

Right before I make it to my next target, a whooshing sounds from above me. The spicy pine that fills our nose tells me it is Fredrick. He swoops down, almost like grouping the Followers into one area.

I knock my target over right when he tried to knock another arrow. Pouncing on him makes him land on his back. Before my teeth has a chance to go for his throat, the bow he was holding is keeping me from the small victory I am craving.

Since he is holding the bow out to where I can't move my head without getting off him, I try to snap the bow, but it must be made of some type of metal instead of wood. Using our claws, Storm tears into his flesh skinning him where he lays under us. The screams he lets out along with his arms dropping, gives us lead way to his throat. Ending him quickly.

We bound back and look around. Fredrick is on the ground now and uses his claws to swipe at the Followers he gets close to helping out our warriors. Abbs is off to the side taking on three Followers. I go right with her to help and remove them from the earth.

Between Abbs and I, the Followers don't last no time. Abbs gives me a small nod and we turn quickly to see many of the Followers are on the ground dead or dying. I have no pity for them, they came here wanting a fight and they got one.

Pride booms in me seeing that none of the bodies is that of our own.

Fredrick walks over to us and stands tall. He leans down to nuzzle his beak on the top of our head. It helps to settle both Storm and I. Our ears twitch some, when his fangs brush lightly across them. Storm lets out a huff and shakes her fur out.

We move over and spit some of the blood from our mouth that seems to have stayed with us from our kills.

Our warriors are standing around, as they have finished their kills and waiting on the others to finish theirs. Everyone is still on edge, watching to see if anyone needs further help or if there is another round coming in with Followers.

Alpha! I have a group of twenty-five children hiding at the edge of the forest. A warrior links.

I am on the way. Don't move, we don't want them to scare. I link back.

I catch sight of Mom as she runs over with clothes and a towel. Fredrick is first to shift, accepting a pair of shorts from her. I shift next and throw on the clothes she offers. Abbs follows in behind.

Mom hands out a small towel each and a bottle of water. I pour the water on the towel quickly, wanting to remove as much of the blood on my skin as I can. The last thing I want to do is scare the children further being covered in blood around my face. As for the rest of my body, well that will have to wait.

"There is a group of about twenty-five children at the edge of the forest, hiding." I tell Fredrick.

Getting the exact area of where they are Fredrick, Abbs, and I make our way there.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

To short of a fight?

They were able to take the Followers down without any of their own being killed.

Guess the Followers weren't as good as they thought with using weapons.

Now to see about the children that have been found?