Chapter 46

It has been a week of silence since we have sent the dead Follower back to his people

It has been a week of silence since we have sent the dead Follower back to his people. The entire pack seems to be on edge, but I am right there too.

Chase fits in more and more with each passing day. Due to his size and how he has been treated in the past, Fredrick and I both have started some mild training for him. One thing about Chase, he is a fast learner in both schooling and in the training. He is so eager to please and when he is told how he is excelling, Chase just strives for more.

"You ready, sweetheart?" Mom's voice brings me out of my thoughts and looking at the computer.

"Always! The emails are still ahead, so just doing a little extra while the guys are on the field." I answer.

I lock the computer and follow Mom down the stairs and right out the back door. Training for the warriors is ending currently.

We have cut back how many hours a day the warriors train. They have been able to fight between the style I've always known, to the old way wolves used to fight.

Apparently, Dad is one step ahead of Mom and I because there is so many things set up off the the side of the field for us to use. Or Mom linked Dad and asked him to do it all.

Which of course, standing by everything is Dad, Alastair, and Uncle Nathan. Whenever I was growing up and I would practice my abilities they were always around to step in if need be.

"This is gonna be fun!" Uncle Nathan smiles, rubbing his hands together.

I shake my head, letting my hair frame my face so he couldn't see the smile I am wearing. Leave it to him to let something with humor slip out. No matter how serious something is you can count on Uncle Nathan cheering you up.

"Where do you want to start? We can go easy, if you want. You hold the most abilities against me, so I can do fire and you play with wind and water for the harder side of things." Mom smirks, knowing I don't plan on doing things easy.

Storm perks up and is at the front with me, ready for some play time in what she does best next to fighting.

My smirk must tell Mom what she needs to know.

"Keep the fire in this area." Mom points to the blue lines sprayed painted on the ground.

I give her a curt nod and rolls out my shoulders. Mom following suit, as her eyes turn a crystal blue.

Not a second later, a flame sparks off to the side. I watch as it grows, getting ready to use the wind to push it back in line once Mom trys to trick it over.

Keeping focus on the fire, I start to bring the wind up and push it back to the middle of the square box.

We keep up the playful banter, where Mom will bring the flames this way or that while I keep it pushed in one place. Mom seems to kick it up a notch and has multiple flames shooting out in many different directions.

Storm makes us let out a low tone growl, but keeps up with the flames that go in directions they shouldn't. I steal a glance over at Mom who is smirking at us, she knows how quick Storm can be in losing her temper. The one thing that has never changed, impatient wolf.

I can hear you! Storm growls through our head.

Oh well, doesn't really matter because it is true.

"Wow! Mama t-that is so c-cool." Chase all but yells behind me.

My focus is shot to hell, and the sudden burst from not knowing they was behind me causes the wind ability I am using to shoot the flames directly out in front of me. Which is not good, since Dad, Uncle Nathan, and Alastair are standing on that side of the outline. I watch as they all dive off the the sides.

"Sweet moons name!" Uncle Nathan laughs after sitting up.

"That has never happened before." Dad chuckles.

"Seems like we should have gave fair warning, yes." Alastair laughs right with the other two.

"You three should have known better than to be standing on that side of the area we are practicing on. You know very well how I was like when practicing and Adira ran up. When working with what we have and focused we don't realize where everyone may be." Mom laughs, at all three of them.

Fredrick walks up and wraps his arms around my shoulders.

"I am sorry, darling. He has been wanting to see you after training, but I seen you was practicing and wouldn't let him until we was done with his training." Fredrick softly tells me.

"It is completely fine. Although, those three about got baked." I giggle.

Chase looks at the ground where the fire was and his mouth drops.

"How did you guys do that? There is no burn marks." Chase questions.

"It is part of my Mom's and I abilites. Grandma can control fire, and make things float the most." I answer his question.

"What about you, Mama? What can you do?" Chase's eyes shine in the light.

"I can control water, wind, and fire. I am not able to make things float in place." I smile at him. I can to an degree but they mostly will blow up after a few seconds.

"Would've been much better to have gotten a free bath with clothes on than baked." Uncle Nathan laughs, doubling over.

"You're just being dramatic." I roll me eyes.

"Says the one on the clear side of things." Uncle Nathan clips back, with a smile.

"So, you do magic?" Chase furrows his brows in thought.

"It is not so much magic as it is a gift from the moon. Grandma is the One Luna from one of the oldest legends and I gained some being the daughter born from her with her completing the legend." I think over it.

"I don't chant spells, or use herbs to make things happen. I don't have that type of powers like a witch, warlock, or Follower's use. It is something that comes naturally with my wolf." I explain further.

Chase nods. "I like that though. I don't ever want to use magic again." He shudders.

"You never will be forced to again." I gently growl out, and pull him into my arms giving him a tight hug.

"Can't b-breath Mama." Chase laughs.

"Let's go get some lunch." Fredrick pulls us towards the house.

Before we are even half way to the house. A literally person, appears out of thin air. That said person is holding a gun aiming straight for us. I am quick to push Chase behind me.

It is not a second later, many other people start appearing on the training field.

"Followers!" I yell both out loud and through the mind link.

Warriors start pouring out of the house. More and more Followers are appearing on the field and walking out from the tree line.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

It's starting! This time the Followers are a little dramatic as they are two weeks sooner than expecting.

Got to have some fun in the beginning of the chapter with the abilities and time spent with family.

We will soon see how this fight goes down...