Chapter 7

After being up all night driving, I have finally made it to the new house I will be renting

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

After being up all night driving, I have finally made it to the new house I will be renting. I figure I need a place to stay while I taunt this Alpha.

Over the drive I have gathered a huge amount of clothes from rogues. I have also sent another email to the Alpha.

I just can't help the excitement that this Alpha doesn't have a clue who I am.

I have already made up the herb mixture to hide my true smell. Applying some of it to my torso, I move my hands over the scars I have there. Throwing on the clothes from the rogues, I step out of the house and move to where this pack is located. 

Making my way there, I can see and smell several of the pack guards walking around. They are not alone though, it should seem that there is a gathering happening right where I am walking to at the edge of Dark River's territory.

I interally smirk when I hear a few of them start saying 'Rogue' out loud. Good to know the scent changes are working. 

"Stop where you stand!" A female voice rings out.

Firecracker, the power behind that voice alone stops me in my tracks. It is not because of the authority though, it is more like the melody behind her voice. Her voice is speaking to me in ways I have never felt before.

My eyes land on the one the voice came from. Hot damn! She has a killer body. Even though she is slim, you can easily see the muscle definition on her. I let my eyes focus on her eyes, as she is looking up and down me. Her blue orbs are pulling me in. 

The realization hits like being smacked by trees. This woman in front of me is my mate.

It is beyond rare for griffins to find their destined mate, but I just did.

Well this is just grand. No! I will still go through with my plan. Maybe she is just a high rank?

"State your purpose here." The woman bellows out to me.

I can feel my lips lift, that is definitely sexy, her trying to order me. To bad I am not a wolf, or everything would be coming out of my mouth right now.

"I am just passing through, in look for a pack. I am tired of being a rogue." I come up with a believable back line. Having heard one of the rogues saying that when I got clothes from them.

I don't hate all wolves. I just don't like the ones that is responsible for killing my father. This pack changed the world within our realm. No other wolf packs wanted power but this pack did, I clearly remember my father talking about it. Hard to forget when that was the last time you heard him talking.

"What pack did you originally come from?" Her questions just keep coming at me.

That one stuns me. "I wasn't born in a pack." I answer honestly. Can't have one if not a wolf, keeping that part to myself.

I make sure to keep my heart at a steady pace. A little trick I had to learn growing up with the Followers. They made sure that I was trained to be able to lie easily, among other things, and if I didn't do right then I got a lashing.

"What's your name?" My mate ask me.

'What is your name?' I ask her in my head. I am already fond at how strong she is showing herself to be, but I have a mission for being here. Then we can be together.

I don't want to lie to her.

"Fred." I give her the short version of my name, even though I hate being called that.

Her questions seem to stop. Maybe I passed her little test? I would like to be able to stay in this pack and just sneak back to my house back and forth.

I will have to go to the house for more of the clothes from the rogues I have in a bag. As well my little mixture.

I don't want anything to go to chance. I still have to focus on the task at hand.

I watch as she calls for another wolf.  They talk for a few minutes, but it is not loud enough for me to hear the words they are exchanging with the distance we are at.

I wonder if she is talking about me? Could she recognize me as her mate, even though she can't smell my true scent for the mixture? Now, I am starting to rethink this.

NO! Focus Fredrick, you can not let these thoughts come through now.

What could it hurt having my sexy mate pawing around, while I take down her Alpha? I got to get these thoughts to go away, I can not get worked up while out here. It could mess with the mixture I am wearing.

I think she is attracted to me, but not completely falling for me yet.

"You can stay here for now on a trail bases only within my pack." Her voice bellows out to me.

Score! I am in.

The other female my mate was talking to, walks up holding a tablet in her hands.

"The Alpha wants you to fill out this application first. After this, a few of our warriors will guide you to the quarters you will be staying at." She speaks with power behind her voice, but not as much as my mate had.

"I need to go to my camp and gather my items." I try to sound like I am pleading.

"Very well. Fill this out first, I will stay here until you return. Alpha Adira won't mind you getting the items that rightfully belong to you first. Once you are back here, we will not permit you to leave again. As you will be in the trial stage to see if you will work being within our pack." She talks, while I am working on this simple questions.

I had to simply type in exactly what I told my mate, along with my name and date of birth. I just put 'Fred' down, no one needs to know my true name.

I run back to the house, grabbing the small bag and get to the pack once again. I see the same one that spoke to me before I went to get my things, just like she said would be waiting on me.

"I am Beta Abigail. Nice to bring you into Dark River as a trial member. Alpha Adira, was pleased with your application and will be seeing you for dinner in the pack house dining area." Beta Abigail spoke formally.

It clicks. My mate is the one this Beta is talking about. My mate is Alpha Adira.

Why didn't I catch onto this sooner? Of course, she is the Alpha with how she spoke and no one else questioned me and the way she held herself.

Well this just trashed so many of my plans.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

Seeing how he is once again...

Do you think Fredrick will ever learn the truth about the past? Or has the lies he has been taught to strong?

Fredrick just confirmed they are mates! Now to see how this will play out...

What will Fredrick do now, knowing Adira is the Alpha and his mate?