Chapter 57

Chase and Abat have learned so much in a little less than ten weeks time

Chase and Abat have learned so much in a little less than ten weeks time. Both of them have done surpassed the simple spells and are onto the more advanced healing chants.

Just the other day during training, a warrior broke his leg and Chase was able to heal it in seconds. Instead of it taking a few days like it normally would for a wolf.

I have noticed after Chase or Abat use their magic to heal, they both have almost like a hazziness in their eyes, that is just shear and utter happiness.

When they use their magic for the Healers side of them, it doesn't leave that strange feeling in my gut like the dark magic did. Mom is the same way, it is as if one of us was using our abilities with how normal we even feel when they practice.

I have noticed Chase is staying closer to me and barely does anything like he had started too before I got so far along. Which right now, he is with Mom working on his schooling after some persuassion that I would be just fine for a while.

Fredrick has been putting in more time with the warriors, because within the last few weeks Abbs found out she was pregnant when Chase had felt it with her.

I wanted to be outside at the least, but Fredrick is not having it with how warm it has been outside. I have been so tired, I don't even try to tease him back lately or argue. Plus, with my brothers, Zeke, Uncle Nathan, and Dad they are able to help Fredrick on the daily training with the warriors.

So, that leads to where I am now sitting at the desk in the office. I have been sifting through paperwork and signing off on vouchers placed within the pack. Trying to get ahead on this side of things.

I have been experiencing some cramping in the last few hours. That is something I barely hid from Fredrick and Chase, although I almost got busted. Chase kept giving me some funny looks before following Mom out to the kitchen for his schooling.

Rocking some has helped when the pain starts, but it is not strong like the Doctor said it would be if it was labor. The way he talked I would be doubling over, and I am not to that point. Sure that has a few that just about caused a groan to come out, but it is mainly my back bothering me more so than it ever has before.

I sign off on the last email that gets sent to Andrew to give him the go ahead on some of the treasury work. I stand up and my back still feels like it is about to break.

Maybe it is just because I have gotten so much larger. Doc never said anything about this type of pain. I shrug to myself and walk to the nursey.

I have found the need to just keep making sure everything is ready. Everyone threw a little shower a few weeks back, and we have so many cute little gender neutral clothes. My favorite has to be the white onies with little wolves on it.

This is nice, just getting some time to myself. I let out a small sigh, walking has not eased this discomfort at all.

Going back to the office, I take a seat in the fluffy desk chair. The lower part with the small pillow has been where I got the most relief from the pain. I pull out the papers and go over the next set of spells for the kids to work on trying.

I can hear Chase coming up the steps, before I ever see him. When Chase rounds the corner, he is carrying a plate of food. The smell alone is doing nothing for me, as my appetiate is gone with the pain.

"I brought lunch." Chase smiles.

"Thank you, sweetie." I grimace.

I don't have the heart to tell him that I don't think I can actually eat, whether it is my favorite meat or not currently.

Chase sits the plate on the end of the desk and rounds it to get closer to me. I push the chair out some, already knowing he wants to rub the bump.

However, Chase gets to his knees and stares at my bump. He tilts his head some, while bringing his hand up to my bump slowly.

"Are you feeling okay?" Chase asks.

I contemplate on being truthful with him or not. I have always prided myself on telling the truth, because lies leads no where. I just don't want to worry him.

"My back is hurting some, sweetie. It is nothing major." I tell him truthfully.

Chase shakes his head some, before he stands up and holds his hands out to me.

"What?" I ask him, confused.

"I am taking you to see Doc, Mama. I have a hunch, but he needs to confirm it." Chase answers, so grown up from the scared boy he was when first here.

"I will grab Dad on our way there." Chase says, before I could say a word further.

"What hunch do you have?" I ask.

"That my little sibling will be here soon." Chase states.

I take his extended hand, letting him help me up.

Chase keeps ahold of my hand and uses his other hand to gently touch my back in the spinal area. It actually helps to relieve some of the pain.

I let out a long breath. I never knew how good it could feel getting that area to be relieved of pain.

We don't take a few steps from the desk, when a wet sensation trickles down my legs. Just when my stomach tightens unbearably, making me clutch onto Chase's hand not meaning too.

"Yeah, let's go. I was right." Chase rushes out.

I move into my room and Chase waits by the door, while I waddle into the closet and change out of the pants that are now soaked.

No sooner than I step out of the room in a fresh pair of pants and some of those weird diaper, pad things, Chase takes my hand again and uses the other one on my back. Trust me when I stepped away from him earlier, the pain had come back tenfold. Chase must have been using some of his magic to ease the pain, not that I am complaining in the least.

Chase leads me to the elevator, and I shake my head.

"Mama." Chase gives me a look, he has picked up from Fredrick.

"Nope, I will waddle down those stairs first." I state.

Chase pushes the button and the doors open a second later. He holds them open so they won't close shut.

"In you go, Mama. Now is not the time to go down those stairs. You could fall and I am not letting that happen. I am not leaving you either, so this is the only option." Chase states.

Get in the thing. We got a baby to check on and see before long. Storm pipes up.

I let out a huff of air, this is a two against one scenerio. Swallowing hard, I put one foot in and quickly shuffle for the bar to grip.

Here we go, I am fixing to have this little one and that is worst than a simple elevator ride. Right?

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

It's baby time!

Chase sure has grown and pretty stern when it comes to the health of the ones he loves.