Chapter 39

I open my eyes, and immediately feel a little warm with Fredrick's arms wrapped around me

Last night, really did help with what Mom suggested.

Mom is much better than I am, being able to control many balls at once. I am working on our abilities being quicker. Some of those bouncy balls have got Storm and I mad, causing them to burst in flames.

Dad has laughed many times at the way those soccer balls just fly through the air not even being touched.

I go through the morning routine, thinking over last night. I love seeing my parents so carefree and unfocused.

Fredrick walks in the bathroom, already dressed for the day.

"Good morning, butterfly." He leans down and kisses my temple.

"Good morning." I smile at him.

"I practiced with Mom some last night. I couldn't sleep and that definitely worked in getting me tired." I tell him and laugh some.

"Why didn't you wake me? I would've been there." Fredrick's brows furrow.

"You needed the sleep after the trip. I was here and useless." I let out a small growl, remembering how I felt while he was doing the mission and I was here.

I open the door, right as Abbs is stepping up.

"Thank the moon! Our prisioner woke up a hour ago and has done nothing but whined." Abbs dramatically leans against the wall.

"Are you losing your touch Beta?" I tease my friend.

"Nope, just can't handle the whining because he wants to be home and not behind bars. He doesn't understand why he was targeted and now can't use his magic." Abbs rolls her eyes.

"I really just wanted to sedate him again, the whining is nerve wracking." Abbs huffs.

"Let me tell Zeke not to have an accident, because someone won't be able to handle a baby." I keep teasing as we walk down the stairs.

Abbs goes pale instantly at the tease of having a baby. I laugh inwardly, because I am the same way to a point. I want kids just not anytime soon.

Mom and Dad are already at the bottom of the steps, along with our normal little group. It seems Fredrick and I are late for the party.

Without speaking words, we all make our way to the cells.

The guards nod their heads at me and open the door. The second the door is open, all that can be heard is the wailing from the Follower.

Good Moon! Abbs was not kidding with me on him crying hard. It starts to hurt my ears already, not even a baby cries this loud.

Stepping up to the cell, I can see the Follower hunched down on the ground with his knees up to his chest.