Chapter 58

Training is finally over for the day

Training is finally over for the day. This morning I know Adira was acting off, but the bond was not letting anything strange flow through. So, I went to do the training this morning.

Tyler seemed to know where my mind was though, with the knowing looks he would give me. There was several times he said he had the training if I wanted to check on Adira. As much as I would have loved to, I know how much she would have bit my head off.

I step in the back door and go right for the stairs as the elevator dinged. I would not have stopped it if wasn't for the sweet vanilla honey smell I was catching from behind those doors. That is beyond strange, as much as Adira hates the elevator and yet is on it.

No sooner than the doors finally open, I see Adira pale as a ghost.

"Get me off this devil machine." Adira snarls.

I am quick to move in to hold the doors, while trying not to laugh. Chase even having his hands on her back is fairing no better, even though he seems in a giddy mood from his face alone.

"Mama's in labor." Chase chokes out.

The laughter dies on my lips. What?

"Snap out of it or so help me Fredrick! You're blocking the way off this death box." Adira growls.

I step back, still holding a hand on the doors.

"Are you okay?" I ask Adira.

"Really." Adira sasses looking at me.

She let's out a puff of air.

"The pain wasn't bad until my water broke then Chase is doing something to help the back pain. I am fine now that I am out of that thing." Adira says, giving the elevator a death stare.

"I can carry you there." I offer, moving to pick her up.

"Much rather walk, honestly." Adira sighs.

With the time of day most people are milling in other areas of the pack house, as they transition from training to lunch and regular duties.

I take Adira's hand, as Chase's hands never come off her back. The three of us make our way over to the medical wing.

Hey Doc, Adira is in labor and we are on the way over. I link Doc.

I'll be waiting. Doc links back a second later.

"You didn't." Adira looks at me.

"I only gave him a heads up we was on the way." I shrug.

"Makes sense I guess." Adira mumbles.

Doc leads the three of us into the room in the back.

Adira sits on the bed and Doc is going over some quick intructions with having her put on one of those ugly gowns out.