Chapter 17

My mind keeps going over everything that has happened today

My mind keeps going over everything that has happened today. Even cooking with everyone else doesn't seem to be helping me, like it normally would be.

Everyone in the kitchen keeps giving me sideways glances.

I try to focus on the vegetables in front of me. The knife slides through them easily. However, now my mind goes to picturing the Followers. It is awful not having faces behind these people.

There is several more questions that have popped up in my head. The little time has gave me a chance to think about some important things I really need to go over with Fredrick.

A scent waffs through my nose. It sends my mind into a state of bliss and my body reacts to it as well. It is one of my favorites, like a spicy pine. It is like we are running through a field of pine trees in the cooler weather.

Turning my head to the side, I can see Fredrick is standing by the door to the kitchen. Now that I focus in on his scent, sure enough I can smell the other new smell. The griffin side of him.

"I made sure to wash off all of this." Fredrick talks, holding up a little container of cream.

"Is that what you made up to hide your scent?" Abbs asks.

"Yes. I think it is only fair to turn it over. To help show I am serious on helping." Fredrick holds the cream out.

Abbs walks over and takes it from him. I watch as she opens the container and takes a sniff of it.

"What all is in this?" Abbs looks up to Fredrick.

"It has many different types of herbs, it is basically the same the Followers use. That is however different, because instead of loading it down with rosemary, I used some of the magic I possess helped to combine the ingredients." Fredrick answers.

"How much magic do you hold?" Uncle Nathan speaks up.

"Not much. I can only do small basic spells. Mixing herbs to a more conformed state, making some objects move is about all I can do." Fredrick looks over to him.

"What source does your powers come from?" I ask him, finally speaking up.

"Air. Growing up when I grew into the magic, the Followers thought it was a disgrace to be gifted with air. So, they never worked with me more on it." Fredrick looks down at the ground, his jaw clenches.

"Did you know air was also Juilian's main magic source?" Alastair steps up.

What in the world is he doing?

"No, I was never told that. The Followers said his magic with held in himself very well." Fredrick looks up in shock.

"When he would use his magic the air was the biggest asset he held. I remember easily the forces behind the strong winds during the battle." Uncle Nathan puts in.

At least it seems like his anger towards Fredrick is not as hard. Maybe it is because he now knows that he is my mate and trying?

"I would like to know what truly happened that night of the fight. Everything in my life has been a lie and I can only imagine the ways I was told is not true." Fredrick honestly says.

"What do you remember of him?" Alastair asks.

"Not to much. I was very young when he was killed. Most of the time, I remember him being harsh. There is only a few times that he was kind, but then after he was kind his face would change and he would lash out." Fredrick's face shows a little pain.

"Lash out in what ways?" Aunt Layla asks, in a soft motherly tone.

"I would get hit or my things would be destroyed. He would start yelling that no kid of his would be weak." Fredrick answers her.

My heart actually hurts a little for him. No one should be treated that way.

We can show him love and how to be gentle. Maybe I don't want it gentle within the bedroom though.

Stop it! Cool it down. I can not be getting turned on. No, no, no. No bedroom activities for a long time. There is bigger things to tend to first.

You said love. Your right though we can teach him. Storm hums and starts showing images with us with our mate.

Stop! I scream in my own head. I really didn't need those extra thoughts.

"What in the world? Adira!" Aunt Layla and Melissa yell in unison.

"What?" I look at them.

Both rush over and take my arm in their hands. Aunt Layla wraps a towel around my hand.

I apparently cut my hand instead of the bell pepper. In my defense, I never felt it.

Fredrick walks over and stands close by. I glance and notice his eyes are a lavendar color.

"It's fine, will heal soon enough." I tell them, putting a little pressure on the cut.

The bleeding has already stopped.

"Could we talk for a few minutes?" I ask Fredrick.

He gives me a nod, still looking at my hand.

"If you guys need more help preparing the food. Let me know, please." I tell everyone in the kitchen.

"Sis, we got this." Adam gives me a look to move it out.

I walk out of the kitchen, with Fredrick right on my heels. I get to my floor and I go into the office, once he steps inside I shut the door.

I turn around to look at him closer. He is very sexy to look at. I wonder what kind of body is underneath those clothes.

Stop.

"You said there is more Followers than you may even know about. What would be your rough guess as to how many there are?" I ask him.

"I only know of roughly about a hundred that are living. Based off how Vince talked, it could be hundreds more." Fredrick sighs.

"I shouldn't have killed him without getting answers, but I let anger take over. Now, there isn't much I can help with on the aspect of knowing." He adds.

"You could still help. Teach me and Abbs how to fight against a Follower without using magic. I hold many talents in that area, but my pack members don't so help us to teach and train them. We will show you the moves my Mom taught the warriors on how to fight the Followers, back when they first started coming around. Just help my pack to do more against them, you're the only know who will know the most on how they fight now from them changing years ago." I tell him.

"I am ready to start when you want me too." Fredrick says, lightly licking his lips.

My eyes follow his gesture. It makes a pool between my legs. It has been so long, to long.

Fredrick walks over closer to me.

"I know I have to earn your trust and I will. I just need one taste right now." With that he is quick to press his lips to mine.

A spark ignites in me.

A/N---
Hey Hey Guys!!!

How are you guys feeling now?

Is Fredrick growing on you or still heated with him?

Adira has been thinking some naughty thoughts about her mate. Is it sweet of her to want to help him after everything? Or is the mate bond pulling more now that his scent is no longer hidden?

Now to see if their first kiss leads to anything.