Chapter 14: Slughorn's Christmas Party

17th December 1976
Rosalind woke up by her roommates making themselves ready. Sophia was doing her bed while chatting with Lydia whom was tying her tie. It was nice that they were only three girls in their dorm. The other dorms consisted of at least four or five ladies.

Rosalind slowly sat up and stretched her arms. She had fallen asleep early last night and was therefore well rested. Sophia turned around to get Rosalind out of her bed so she could make her bed too. But when she saw her hair, she started laughing really hard. Lydia looked over and when she saw her hair, she tried to contain her laughter but failed.

"Your hair, it's a disaster." she said. Rosalind stumbled out of her bed and to the nearest mirror. She groaned loudly when she saw her hair. "Why does my hair stand out in every possible way?" she whined as she tried to drag her fingers through it.

"Does anybody have hair spray so I can tame this stupid mane?" she asked as she turned to her two roommates.

"Now you sound like Black's brother." Lydia smirked.

"Haha, very funny." she stated sarcastically. "You know, he had the audacity to imply that Black and I are madly in love with each other." Rosalind added.

"Aren't you?" Sophia asked, mostly to provoke her and because she knew that Potter always said that.

"Now you sound like his stupid, idiot friend Potter. But do you seriously not have any hair spray?" Rosalind questioned.

"Here." Sophia stated as she threw a bottle at Rosalind.

She caught it and tried to spray. "It's empty, Sophia."

•*•

Rosalind had aggressively brushed her hair, it had been untangled but it was extremely fluffy and big.

She had solved it by having the hood on her robes on. The three of them walked into the great hall and Lydia sat down next to her friend Molly. Sophia and Rosalind sat down next to each other but closer to the teachers table.

Rosalind unconsciously took off the hood and started to butter her croissant.

"Don't you look dashing today." she heard Regulus say. She looked to her side and saw him smirking at her. "Nice hair." he added and pointed at her hair.

"I'm jealous of how much you suck sometimes." she stated before making herself a cup of tea. Regulus rolled his eyes before he took out his ancient runes book and begun to read it.

Rosalind was sipping her tea while watching him. Wondering how somebody could be so incredible ugly. Then she got an idea.

Rosalind emptied the tea from her cup over his book. The pages got wet and the hot tea dripped down on Regulus as well. She watched the pages become ruined and the ink becoming harder to read.

"Ops." she said sarcastically and covered her mouth.

"You little bitch, this will come in our O.W.Ls!" Regulus exclaimed as he took up his dripping wet book and pushed it into Rosalind's face.

She just pushed away Regulus' arm. "Too bad I don't take ancient runes then." she answered. Regulus was furious. But Rosalind decided to ignore him and turned to Sophia.

Regulus took a sip out of his hot chocolate but stopped midway because he got an idea. He smirked as he threw the chocolate at Rosalind. It got on her uniform, hair and food.

"That is hot." she stated as she felt the hot chocolate on herself.

"You don't think tea is hot?" Regulus snapped, still angry.