Chapter 80: Heartbreaks

18th May 1978
Rosalind sat in the courtyard and played gobstones with Lydia. Sophia had excused herself and disappeared back to their dorm with William Mulciber. They both knew what they were doing.

Lydia was close to vomit every time Rosalind brought up her friend and brother shagging and snogging. Rosalind found it hilarious. She wouldn't stop anytime soon.

It was warm for middle of may, Rosalind wore a skirt without freezing along with the button up shirt and her tie. She had put her hair up in a messy ponytail. Rosalind sat crisscrossed opposite Lydia on the ground.

Lydia was still wearing pants, put her shirt's sleeves were rolled up to her elbows. She was thinking intently as she watched the stones. Rosalind took a look around the courtyard. A lot of students had decided to go outside today.

The courtyard was practically at full capacity. There were student on the benches, on the structure and mostly on the ground. They were either chatting, doing homework or playing some kind of game.

"What the fuck you're playing gobstones for?" a voice sneered at them for above. Rosalind looked up but the sun blinded her. She covered her eyes from the sun with her hands and could slowly start to see a Regulus looking down at her. "It's lame." he continued.

"What do you want?" Rosalind sighed.

Regulus couldn't answer before Barty stormed out of the castle. Rosalind and Lydia looked curiously at him. Although Regulus knew what it was about. Barty had taken him away in seconds. They had gone in the direction of the quidditch pitch.

Rosalind and Lydia shrugged before going back to their game. If it was a big drama they would for sure hear about it sooner or later. Rosalind was also very close to winning so she wasn't leaving anytime soon.

Evan came outside just a few minutes later, it seemed like he was looking for Regulus as well. "Barty took him, I think they're at the pitch if you wanna catch up with them." Rosalind explained.

"Nah, I'm good." Evan said, a tad bit disappointed. He sat down with Lydia and Rosalind. "What's up?" he asked. "Where's Greengrass?"

"Getting some action." Lydia muttered. She was definitely loosing. "Do you happen to know where Pandora and Dorcas are?" Evan asked. He seemed to be desperate for some company.

"Dorcas is studying, Pandora is probably with that Lovegood boy." Lydia answered. "But you can hang out with us." she said and looked up at him.

"Perfect, let's go do something fun!" Evan said excitedly. "Like what?" Rosalind asked and looked at him. "Mhm, maybe..." Evan started as Lydia and Rosalind started to put the gobstones away.

"Let's mess with peeves." Evan suggested.

"I don't want him after me."

"Yeah, me neither."

Evan sighed, "You're boring." he stated.

Lydia shook her head, "No, we're not. If you want to do something with us you're gonna have to do something we want to do." she said. Rosalind nodded.

"Like what?"

"Embarrass Sophia and Mulciber." Rosalind said. "They're in our dorm right now."

Together they ran down to the Slytherin common room and down to the girls' dormitory. They waited for a second before they opened the door. They were surprised to be met by an empty dorm. Then they heard the shower running. Rosalind and Lydia grinned at each other.

They were thinking the exact same thing. Rosalind sneaked into the bathroom, luckily the shower curtains were drawn so they couldn't see Rosalind taking all their clothes and the towels. She left the bathroom and put her treasure on Sophia's bed.