Chapter 61: Beatrice

Totally forgot it was Thursday yesterday, here's an extra long chapter as an apology:)

31st December 1977
"FIVE!" Rosalind looked up at Regulus. He was very attractive in his suit. His beautiful ice blue eyes were staring back at her. His dark locks were pure perfection.

"FOUR!" Regulus looked at Rosalind. She was gorgeous tonight. Her hair was curled and her black dress was incredible. Her dark brown eyes were staring back at his.

"THREE!" Rosalind smiled at Regulus before taking a step towards him. She ran a hand through her hair. She looked away and saw Sophia smiling at her. There she was.

"TWO!" Regulus took a step towards Rosalind and admired her smile. She was so pretty. He looked to his side and saw Barty and Evan standing close. Now they decided to show up?

"ONE!" he looked back at Rosalind. They took a step closer to each other. Rosalind could almost feel his heart beating as she looked up at him.

"HAPPY NEW YEAR!" Regulus leaned in for a kiss and felt fire works go off in his stomach as their lips connected. Rosalind held Regulus' face close to hers with her hands as they continued to kiss.

•*•

Rosalind walked down the stairs to the kitchen. Tonight was the New Years Eve celebration at the Avery manor. She would finally see her brother again after over six months and meet his new fiancée, Beatrice.

The kitchen was empty when she walked in. Rosalind poured herself a glass of pumpkin juice before looking around the room. It seemed like she was the first one here this morning. It wasn't very early. The Blacks should be awake by now.

She heard a melody from the living room. It was the piano playing. Rosalind put down the glass on the kitchen counter and walked towards the tunes. She walked into the living room and stopped at the threshold. Regulus sat in front of the piano and was playing it effortlessly.

She just stood still, listening to him playing the piano. As he finished a song, the floor creaked as she walked towards him. He snapped his head to Rosalind. "I didn't know you could play." she said and stopped at the piano. "I've played for a while." he shrugged.

"Play something." Rosalind said and sat down in the sofa near it. She leaned over the arm rest as Regulus looked down to the piano. His fingers were hovering above the keys, slightly shaking. Was he nervous?

He started to play a familiar melody. It was one of the HobGoblins' popular songs. Rosalind had listened to this a lot over the break. It was one of the songs she had a concert with a week ago. She vaguely remembered it playing on the school's out party in the Ravenclaw common room.

Rosalind watched as Regulus' fingers effortlessly pressed down the keys and she listened to one of her favourite songs. Regulus was talented, he didn't get enough credit for it. He was always overlooked by his brother. People just knew him as the good son. The one Walburga and Orion were proud of. They might have known that he was good in school. Despite that, nobody really knew Regulus for who he was. Rosalind barely did, she even wondered if Barty and Evan did.

"Teach me a song." she said and stood up. Regulus stopped playing and looked at her. "What?" he asked.

"You heard me, teach me something." she said as she reached the piano. Regulus scooted over and Rosalind sat down next to him. "The keys' names are C, D, E, F, G, H, A and B. Then it repeats." Regulus started as he pointed to the different keys as he said the name. Rosalind nodded. "Why not A, B, C, D and so on?" she questioned and tilted her head.